GEC "PPP" Designation

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
wlf

Re: GEC "PPP" Designation

Post by wlf »

big monk wrote:
XX Case XX wrote: GEC has always put the PPP on there first "run" of a "new pattern" regardless of handle material or production total* -- normally they run the TIDIOUTE labels first --when a ""New Pattern"" is introduced, "all" the Tidioute in the first run will have the PPP bling** __ the Northfield & Great Eastern ( if they run a batch ) ,nor the second run of Tidioute will have the PPP** -- **ONLY** the ""first run / batch"" of knives, will have the PPP bling** -- at one time,this was a ,plus++, for collectors :) _ as was getting the knife with 002 serial number ( 001 was always kept in the factory collection* ) not so much anymore due to production changes / totals** -- still the best American made pocket knife IMHO** :) ::tu::

PS -- I have seen GEC knives have several ""Prototype"" knives for the same pattern ( more than once ) and the Prototype knives ""selling price" was more from the dealers** --- in the early years, some were even stamped ""Factory Test Production"" when they would try a unique handle material** -- was a lot of fun collecting & trying to keep abreast of all the happenings !!! ::nod::
Yes, and you can verify them by production totals given on the site. ::tu:: Hard to fool anyone that takes time to research a GEC.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
RalphAlsip

Re: GEC "PPP" Designation

Post by RalphAlsip »

I wasn't paying enough attention when these patterns were released to know if they came before Tidioute or GEC sub brands. One of these knives with the PPP designation is a SFO knife for Blade Forums (harness jack 35). The other is a Northfield Texas Camp Knife 98 pattern.

I'm not trying to dispute or refute any comments made earlier - just providing examples of where the PPP designation can end up being used.

Tangent alert: The 35 harness jack is my most carried knife. The spear blade & punch configuration is very well suited to light use daily knife needs.
Attachments
GEC 35 Harness PPP Designation.jpg
GEC 98 Texas Camp PPP Designation.jpg

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”