What's Happening

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What's Happening

Postby gsmith7158 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Railsplitter wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:I noticed this picture in the What's happening section on the GEC website. It looks like a yellow jigged bone #15 with a clip blade. I've not seen this knife available anywhere. Does anybody know anything about them?

Greg, it looks like Charlie Campagna's SFO.
http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/

Rick has that not been released or did I just miss that one in the wink of an eye?
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Railsplitter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:48 pm

gsmith7158 wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:I noticed this picture in the What's happening section on the GEC website. It looks like a yellow jigged bone #15 with a clip blade. I've not seen this knife available anywhere. Does anybody know anything about them?

Rick has that not been released or did I just miss that one in the wink of an eye?

I'm not sure but I think they probably just left the factory today or maybe they will ship tomorrow.
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby gsmith7158 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:53 pm

Railsplitter wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:

I'm not sure but I think they probably just left the factory today or maybe they will ship tomorrow.

Gotcha! ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:11 am

It is a 3 1/2" barehead jack with a clip blade. Very basic folding knife, well made i am sure. If the lolly-scramble nuts buy it out in minutes i will be bumfuzzled.
kj

m0nk

Postby m0nk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:16 am

Anybody else notice the "WHAT'S AT THE END OF THE HALL?" pic posted yesterday? Clearly Wall Street is for the upcoming run of 99s. Has GEC ever done a Coke Bottle pattern before? As for the cowboy, all I can guess is a run of stockmans, maybe 68 Buckaroos. Can anyone offer interpretations of these elements?

Lee

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Railsplitter » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:27 am

m0nk wrote:Anybody else notice the "WHAT'S AT THE END OF THE HALL?" pic posted yesterday? Clearly Wall Street is for the upcoming run of 99s. Has GEC ever done a Coke Bottle pattern before? As for the cowboy, all I can guess is a run of stockmans, maybe 68 Buckaroos. Can anyone offer interpretations of these elements?

Lee

I think your guesses are pretty good, Lee. I'll add that the donkey might be a clue that they will use the Krack-A-Jack shield again.
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

m0nk

Postby m0nk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the flag above the donkey is hinting at another run of American Jacks, just in time for Christmas. Hopefully with clip blades. I've got enough spears to arm a Roman legion. (Ok maybe not that many) ::mdm::

But I've been wrong in my predictions before. Like how I was certain that Farmer Locks would come with this run of 99s, but it was not meant to be. I'm sticking with my theories about some kind of a stockman and a Coke bottle PPP.

Lee

robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby robbobus » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:17 pm

Coke reference is likely and hopefully for the 06 Pemberton. Perhaps some Yankee and Washington jacks. In the back of my head I recall talk of more WJs, sheepsfoot 03 homages would have me smiling till the snow is gone.

m0nk

Postby m0nk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:13 am

Rob, I like your interpretations. The 06 Pemberton sure enough looks like a Coke bottle to me. And I'm definitely ready for a 77 WJ. The 77 page on the GEC site isn't displaying properly. Can anyone explain the difference between the Washington and Yankee Jacks? Is it that the YJ has a spear main and the WJ has a clip?

As for the cowboy, let's say it means a stockman run. I know about the 66, 68, 54, and 98 stockmans. Have there been others? Does anyone think the cowboy means something else?

Lee

robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby robbobus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Yankee Jack is a regular jack knife with the typical bolsters and endcaps. The Washington Jack is a Charlie Campaigns exclusive and features stamped UNXLD endcaps, lined and grooved bolsters and the handles are radiuses at 45°. Similar to the Schrade 2ot amongst others. The finest of any modern traditional pocketknife made in the last 40+ years, in my less than humble opinion. Here's a screenshot from GECfor the 14 run.
Screenshot_20180924-105311.png

JET79
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby JET79 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Looks like the 2019 possibilities are up for view on GEC’s site

robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby robbobus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:43 am

Oh my goodness. 3 7/8" straight jack with clip main and coping pen. 3 9/16" cattle knife. And a 4 3/4" Coke bottle jack with double pulls on the Northfields, I'll be busy buying jacks in 2019 again it seems.
Screenshot_20180928-193817.png

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”