Nice high price Whaler

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Nice high price Whaler

Post by Dinadan »

Joe - you make a good point with the comparison between the bow and the knife. A brand new Ruger .357 revolver can be had for about $500. The knife may be prettier than the revolver, but as with the crossbow, there is a lot more involved in making the revolver. It is not about need, because not too many folks actually need a Toenail knife or a revolver or a crossbow. I guess the want factor is a lot higher with the knife!
Mel
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

kootenay joe wrote:Two recent ebay auctions show strong demand for GEC 'Toenail' pattern knives.
#45 Lumberjack in Primitive bone sold for $510
# 46 Whaler, single blade with jigged bone sold for $580
What do you think about these very high GEC prices ?
:shock: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Edit: You know what? If it starts bringing down Barlow prices again then I'M ALL FOR IT! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

::rotflol::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
SteelyDan

Post by SteelyDan »

I am sitting on 4 rare G.E.C's. I won't exactly be giving them away. How is this site for selling knives? I am brand new here. ::super_happy::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

There is a forum called "Knives For Sale or Trade".
Start a thread and post in focus pics of your knives along with prices and an email address so that potential buyers can reach you.
Anyone searching "GEC Knife For Sale" will pull up a link to your AAPK listing. The For Sale forum gets buyers from everywhere, not limited to AAPK members.
What patterns have you got to sell ?
kj
SteelyDan

Post by SteelyDan »

kootenay joe wrote:There is a forum called "Knives For Sale or Trade".
Start a thread and post in focus pics of your knives along with prices and an email address so that potential buyers can reach you.
Anyone searching "GEC Knife For Sale" will pull up a link to your AAPK listing. The For Sale forum gets buyers from everywhere, not limited to AAPK members.
What patterns have you got to sell ?
kj
Hiya Joe, I have a few beauty's that I just found too nice to use or carry. I have two #79 Workhorses, One is a Tidioute numbered from a run of 25 in smooth ivory bone, one is a Un-X-ld in African Blackwood. I have a Tidioute #36 Sunfish EZ open style in Ebony (numbered from a run of 25), and a #54 Big Moose in Chestnut WormGroove Bone. Factory edges intact and unused with original tubes and certificates! I love them but could never bring myself to carry them.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I felt the same way about my 77 NF Barlow and, later, the 81 Appaloosa bone moose, but I forced myself to carry both. 8)

Photos of your knives would be appreciated. I'd have some interest in the 54 and possibly the 36, although for the latter I realize the prices are pretty high and probably out of my range. Definitely interested in seeing the bone on the 54 and the others.
hivoltage777

Post by hivoltage777 »

Holy cow I was lookin and that listing and forgot about it. Somebody made off well if the seller fulfills. ::uc::

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”