Which GEC is in the mail???

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
pagant

Re: Which GEC is in the mail???

Post by pagant »

Hi kj, good news the Beagle arrived this morning and it had not been opened by HM Customs thereby saving me about $30.00 vat and handling, although when i checked usps tracker this morning it still showed the last check as May 8th and nothing on our post tracking here in the UK.
Still it is here now and i am delighted with it as i had been disappointed with the Coyote i found it to fiddly for my ageing hands but this little guy is just about perfect for my needs as a watch pocket knife, perfect fit and finish as we expect from GEC , it has gone straight into my pocket and the Spyderco Manbug has gone back into its drawer with the rest of my Spydies. Ah it feels good to have a traditional back in my pocket again. ::super_happy::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Excellent news here pagant, thanks for posting. I have a Blackwood Coyote which i like but so far have not bought a Beagle. Interesting to hear you say it feels bigger than the Coyote even though they are the same size (i think).
Is yours a 1 or 2 blade Beagle ?
I have been looking at the Stag Beagles but so far have seen only mediocre Stag.
Any advice out there re 1 or 2 blade ?
And pagant how about a picture ? It would be appreciated by all of us here. We like pictures !
kj
pagant

Post by pagant »

Hi again kj, yes the Beagle is a two bladed knife giving that extra bit of heft and in my opinion makes it fit in the hand better, also i prefer the spear point main blade the secondary coping blade may be ok for fine work but is small. My Beagle is the Cola jig bone and my Coyote is also a brown jig bone making them a nice pair. I have dreaded being asked for pictures, i used to be able to post pictures from my old Dell laptop until it died and i replaced it with something called a cloudbook and i can not for the life of me figure out how to post picture from it !! My next door neighbour did show me, but as i neither understand nor speak computer it did not work out, so i will have to wait until my niece comes to visit , hopefully in about three weeks. I have taken some pictures although if and when you see them you may ask why i bothered !!! :lol:
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

pagant wrote: when i checked usps tracker this morning it still showed the last check as May 8th and nothing on our post tracking here in the UK.
When en route to it's destination, U.S.P.S. tracking does not follow the item once it leaves the states.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”