Your Dream GEC

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
tank

Your Dream GEC

Post by tank »

We all love our GEC's but if you could take an existing model and put in a different blade, blade steel or finish on the blade or something to differentiate it from the norm. Most likely a different blade in an existing pattern. Do you have any ideas you think would be good?
AAPK Moderator
BRKCA Founding Member
A quality knife is a companion for life.
My Collection
My Blog
biglmbass

Re: Your Dream GEC

Post by biglmbass »

I like the 72 Cody Scout jacks. Would really like them better if it had a #5 drop point main blade rather than the current bullnose work knife blade profile. Even better, make them with the slimmer #5 blade that they use on the Schrade autos. Wrap them up in something we've not seen before on the pattern and use a new/different shield. Bloodwood I'd love to see.

Since it's still my dream :lol: I'd love to see the same knife in 3/4 scale.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Yes sir. For some time, I've been hoping they would take this #65 Ben Hogan, add a good sized swedge and long pull, add a secondary blade (large pen or appropriately sized sheepfoot or coping blade would be my suggestion) to make it into an English Jack. It's the correct length. I'd rather see the Copperhead bump removed but it wouldn't break my heart if they left it in. Another variety with the Washington Jack type stepped bolsters would look nice.
Attachments
652111-ben-hogan-spring-green3.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillClinger

Post by WillClinger »

My dream GEC would combine the blade shape, bolster, and handle of an original single-blade Northwoods #44 Madison Barlow with the lockback, stainless steel, and lanyard hole of a GEC #42 Missouri Trader in stag, elk, smooth camel bone, or jigged cow bone.

That would also be my dream Northwoods...
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

A 15 with long pull spear and a punch.... I have the closest thing they made to it. Would like to see tomato acrylic again. But I really like the nifebrite handles!
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
tank

Post by tank »

I like all of those, especially Jerry's.
AAPK Moderator
BRKCA Founding Member
My Collection
My Blog
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

My all time favorite pattern is the #73, I can't see any changes I'd really like them to make in order for it to be my dream knife. They have started working on a camp knife which I have been wanting for the longest time. I've asked Mr. Howard about it a lot and I'm glad to see it getting started!!!

I'd like to see a reduced version of the #65 Hogan, maybe something around 3 1/4" closed.
A Coke bottle would be cool too! I'll have to think on this a little more.
tank

Post by tank »

;.I have said before I would love a 3.75" Camp/Scout with the main blade having a spear point and a long
pull and handled in elk.
AAPK Moderator
BRKCA Founding Member
My Collection
My Blog
Jspurlock93

Post by Jspurlock93 »

I don't know if it's possible, but I'd like to see them make a copy of the Case Russlock. I carry one from time to time and find it very easy to open one handed. One of these made by GEC in abalone, elk, or stag would be awesome!
Attachments
image.jpeg
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”-Ben Franklin
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

tank wrote:;.I have said before I would love a 3.75" Camp/Scout with the main blade having a spear point and a long
pull and handled in elk.
I wish I had grabbed these pictures last week when I first saw them. There was a Camp/Scout version shown and now it's gone. ??? ::uc:: ??? They called it a Texas - Camp Knife and it had the length in the image.
Attachments
98-cattle.jpg
98-whittler.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

jerryd6818 wrote:
tank wrote:;.I have said before I would love a 3.75" Camp/Scout with the main blade having a spear point and a long
pull and handled in elk.
I wish I had grabbed these pictures last week when I first saw them. There was a Camp/Scout version shown and now it's gone. ??? ::uc:: ??? They called it a Texas - Camp Knife and it had the length in the image.
They are all.. 4.83... ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

John, do you know if they're still going to make the Texas-Camp knife or did pulling the picture signal it's cancelation?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Jerry.. My wild guess is that it aint happening.. Just a guess.. ::shrug:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

That's kinda what I figured but I wanted another opinion. Hey, maybe they decided to hold the design and bring it out later under a different model number. ::woot:: ::hmm::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
tank

Post by tank »

Dagnabit~
AAPK Moderator
BRKCA Founding Member
My Collection
My Blog
leggo

Post by leggo »

I'd like to have a 54 pattern Northfield in white or yellow smooth bone , or smooth buffalo horn with an added bottle opener/screw driver blade , and a cross point #2 size screw . And a bale on it .
Attachments
20160114_123719_resized[1].jpg
ryanb

Post by ryanb »

It would be cool if the rope/navy knife had a marlin spike. Also a hawkbill blade with a single sided edge would be better for pruning and grafting.
Accepting donations for more knife purchases.

leggo

Post by leggo »

Now that I've got three 98 pattern Camp Knives , I'd like the same knife 1 inch shorter . ::woot::
Attachments
1462590152495.jpg
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

My dream GEC has already been produced in the Northfield #77 Barlow SFO last year, a series that I almost completely missed out on.
I did manage to get in on one of the last ones, and I sincerely thank Knifeswapper for that one! It has become my most favored of all the many GECs I have owned and I would dearly love to find at least one more of that series.
Hopefully they will return again as a SFO one day so I can "stock up" on more of my Dream GEC.
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

Howdy, Tank!

I wouldn't mind seeing a #53 equal end whittler- 4 1/8", with coping and pen blades, and a master wharncliffe and/or clip blade.
Don

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”