Where do you buy your GEC's

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Jbkurtzer

Where do you buy your GEC's

Post by Jbkurtzer »

Hi every one I am very new to the traditional world of knives and was wondering where everyone bought there GEC knives from. I have been looking at the AAPK store and knivesshipfree.com. Any recommendations on the best website to order from with the best prices. Also what are all the unserialized knives about from GEC I see online.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Where do you buy your GEC's

Post by QTCut5 »

First of all, welcome to AAPK. ::welcome::

You've come to the right place for answers from experts on a great variety of knife-related (as well as other non-knife-related) questions.

I have only been collecting GEC knives for a short while, so I'm not the best one to answer your question; however, all my GEC, Northfield, Tidioute and Northwoods knives have come from one of these sources:

1) KnivesShipFree.com (excellent source for the latest models & SFOs)
2) CollectorKnives.net (good prices)
3) Trades/purchases from other AAPK members (Trevor, aka IMBand, is the resident GEC expert)
4) AAPK members' stores
5) TSAKnives.com (often has some discontinued and/or harder-to-find patterns)
6) eBay (you can get good bargains if you are persistent and patient)
7) BladeForums.com

Good luck and happy hunting.

Cheers & Aloha,

~Q~

Here's a few I've been lucky enough to pick up in a relatively short time (less than a year) through the above listed sources:
Attachments
P3290532.JPG
~Q~
junebug

Post by junebug »

EBAY ( is the BEST , IMPO) ...... ::nod::

ON OTHER STUFF...."SEARCH" FEATURE IS YER FRIEND!!!! .........START READIN ALL THE THREADS HERE IN "GEC" AREA.......
YOU'LL CATCH ON PERRTY FAST! ::tu::

WELCOME TO AAPK!!! ::welcome::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

I used to get mine from Ryan Daniels at knife shows....
I have had a couple purchases online since he went to Queen.
Blue Creek Cutlery
Gunstock Jacks
They both have a varied selection and nice prices, standup guys to buy from.
I have bought other than Gec from knives ship free, good one also.
Happy hunting!
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I have two AAPK Club Knife SFO's by GEC - bought them from Bryan here at AAPK via his AAPK store (if there are any of the 2013 #33 Whittlers left you might want to scoff one up before it's too late). I have two regular edition GEC knives - one I bought from e-Bay (my least favorite source for ANY knife) and the other from Old Hundred Collectibles (Bob, the owner, has a store here at AAPK and a Blog on line - great guy to deal with). I have also bought from Barry at his on-line store - "Gunstock Jacks" (he is another dependable, honest guy to buy from). I was real lucky and got two of the GEC Dorton/Roark SFO knives (Krack-A-Jack's) from the owner here at AAPK several years ago (not sure if they are running GEC SFO's any longer). Bottom line is you have to work hard to find what you want in a GEC knife - they are made in such limited numbers that popular items are gone before you can get one ordered. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

The Great Eastern web site has a complete list of their GEC Distributors/Dealers.

See it here: http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/our ... tributors/

Great Eastern is very particular about who they grant Dealerships to so deal with anyone on that list with confidence. Like everyone else here, I have my personal favorites.

Except on eBay and through private sources, you will not find any variation of the prices for new Great Eastern knives. It's my understanding that when granted a dealership the prospective distributor agrees to follow Great Easterns MSRP schedule. (If I am incorrect about that, please correct me.)
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
knifeswapper

Post by knifeswapper »

jerryd6818 wrote: Except on eBay and through private sources, you will not find any variation of the prices for new Great Eastern knives. It's my understanding that when granted a dealership the prospective distributor agrees to follow Great Easterns MSRP schedule. (If I am incorrect about that, please correct me.)
It is correct that GEC has MAP (minimum advertised pricing). That is why most distributors have free shipping and some have rewards programs, etc. To insure the customers get them at the best value possible.
Mike Latham, CollectorKnives
Great Eastern Cutlery | Case Knives | Arno Bernard Knives | Early Reserve
Low Price & Satisfaction Guaranteed
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Anybody know if Chris Tucker is still with the company? I've sent 2 emails both unresponded to.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Scott.. Her name is listed as the go to gal for rooms for the 2015 Rendezvous.. John 8)
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

TripleF wrote:Anybody know if Chris Tucker is still with the company? I've sent 2 emails both unresponded to.
Scott, I sent an email about the issue I have with my #73 Casein knife last week and got a reply email in less than 1/2 an hour! Here's the email address I used! ::tu::

Christine Tucker – Inside Sales
chris@greateasterncutlery.net
Phone: 814-827-3411 Fax: 814-827-3529
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Scott, she was prolly on the road for a show at that time..
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I think you're right...my buddy in Seattle said he spoke to her at the Eugene, OR show that was held recently. He also spoke to Gunstock Jack...told me he was the nicest vendor he spoke to the whole day. Right on, man...word gets around. ::tu::

~Q~
~Q~
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

FRANKS CLASSIC KNIVES --- The bigger GEC dealers could care less about you acquiring the GEC knife of your dreams. I want the phattest Sambar Stag that I can get. So much easier putting a phatter knife between my thighs and opening right up.
1WxcSdV.jpg
1WxcSdV.jpg (6.83 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”