Eureka Jack question

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
313 Mike

Eureka Jack question

Post by 313 Mike »

I've been eyeballing the Eureka Jack lately...great looking pattern, really like it but have never had one in hand.
My concern is, does the coping blade get in the way of accessing the nail nick for the main blade? From the pics I've seen it kind of looks like it blocks it a bit.
Also, how does it ride in the pocket? Is it more pocket friendly than the bullet jack, or about the same?
I'd appreciate any comments or thoughts you might want to share on this pattern.

Many thanks,
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
big monk

Re: Eureka Jack question

Post by big monk »

313 Mike wrote:I've been eyeballing the Eureka Jack lately...great looking pattern, really like it but have never had one in hand.
My concern is, does the coping blade get in the way of accessing the nail nick for the main blade? From the pics I've seen it kind of looks like it blocks it a bit.
Also, how does it ride in the pocket? Is it more pocket friendly than the bullet jack, or about the same?
I'd appreciate any comments or thoughts you might want to share on this pattern.

Many thanks,
Hey Mike__ I have been carrying this one,since they were released*** Great EDC !!!!!____the coping blade is just short enough,to""not get in the way"" and has become a favorite blade of mine !!___( this is the first one in awhile,that makes me leave the #73 Scout,at home*** )___rides in the pocket,like it ""ain't there" :) _"IMHO" __ GEC, cut the size of the spear blade down on this one and it matches the coping blade ""PURRRFECT"" again (IMHO)___ I really,really like it____Monk ::tu::
Attachments
GEC #922213 Eureka Jack Smooth Bone.JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Fine looking knife Monk, I appreciate the feedback! ::tu::
The handle shape looks quite ergonomic as well... ::hmm::
Mike

Wood-Guy

Post by Wood-Guy »

I think the eureka is a great pattern for carry, I have one myself in Che Chen rosewood. Although I prolly don't have as much carry time as monk, I do have to agree its one of my favorite EDC patterns... ::tu::
Attachments
image.jpg
-Ryan-
knifeswapper

Post by knifeswapper »

The Tidioute models came with the secondary a little high on many of them. I just dropped most of them myself for a perfect little knife. But if you are worried about it, just ask the dealer to insure it is not interferring.
Mike Latham, CollectorKnives
Great Eastern Cutlery | Case Knives | Arno Bernard Knives | Early Reserve
Low Price & Satisfaction Guaranteed
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

knifeswapper wrote:The Tidioute models came with the secondary a little high on many of them. I just dropped most of them myself for a perfect little knife. But if you are worried about it, just ask the dealer to insure it is not interferring.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate your reply!
Mike

arizonaranchman

Post by arizonaranchman »

The 92 is one of my favorites. It just feels great in hand and the spear/coping blade combo is ideal IMHO. I have about a dozen traditional pocket knives. If I had to choose ONE for the rest of my life the 92 would be a very strong contender as my choice.
IMBand

Post by IMBand »

The #92 Talon is just around the corner. Here is a diagram that was on GEC's website for a couple days.
I am VERY happy to see the Northfields with a 'High Pull' located behind the swedge rather than having the swedge ground across the pull, shallowing it. The #92 doesn't have a super strong pull so I think this pattern is the perfect platform for a true high-pull located a bit closer to the tang than centered. LOOKING GOOD GEC!!
Gonna have to grab a couple of these..... ::nod::

IM
:)
Attachments
92PICTURES.jpg
AAPK #6581
caddyman1973

Post by caddyman1973 »

Oh yeah, gotta get a couple of those wharnies!!! ::tu:: ::tu::
You be tolerant....
You coexist....