Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Postby kootenay joe » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:43 am

The proof is in the picture. There is no way ambient light could make these muddy off white handles look bright yellow.
I have not ID'd the seller because i don't have any desire to affect his business. And he right away said, "sure send it back and i will refund you".
Computer editing of knife pictures to enhance the looks is not limited to this seller. I have encountered it with a custom knife as well, but never as 'extreme' as this #56 Apaloosa bone.
kj

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby gsmith7158 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Here are my latest GEC purchases. It looks like they have cured their problems with lockback blade wobble. Both of these are rock solid. I do believe the walnut will go in the pocket. ::super_happy::
Attachments
001.JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

313 Mike
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby 313 Mike » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:46 pm

gsmith7158 wrote:Here are my latest GEC purchases. It looks like they have cured their problems with lockback blade wobble. Both of these are rock solid. I do believe the walnut will go in the pocket. ::super_happy::

Greg, Those look quite handsome indeed! Isn't the wood one chestnut though? Looks great either way.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby gsmith7158 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:57 pm

313 Mike wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:Here are my latest GEC purchases. It looks like they have cured their problems with lockback blade wobble. Both of these are rock solid. I do believe the walnut will go in the pocket. ::super_happy::

Greg, Those look quite handsome indeed! Isn't the wood one chestnut though? Looks great either way.

Whoops! My bad . You are correct Mike. It is American Chestnut. ::tu::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:14 am

Nice ones Greg. You must knoow how to be at the right place at the right time.
It is getting very hard to score a new GEC. Even the Reserve lists get full within an hour or so ? of being opened. Actually i don't know how long it takes for reservations to be all taken because so far every list i have seen says "Full". But it is good for the bank account !
kj

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby gsmith7158 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:24 am

kootenay joe wrote:Nice ones Greg. You must knoow how to be at the right place at the right time.
It is getting very hard to score a new GEC. Even the Reserve lists get full within an hour or so ? of being opened. Actually i don't know how long it takes for reservations to be all taken because so far every list i have seen says "Full". But it is good for the bank account !
kj

Thanks Roland! It is definitely getting more difficult to get them. When you get an email that some have arrived you must go immediately to the site to order. Even then it's a crap shoot as to whether you will score or not. :(
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:38 am

I think my computer checks for new emails every 30 minutes so an email could arrive at my inbox that had spent the last 29 minutes on the server. Then even responding as soon as it arrives in my inbox would be too late to get a knife.
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”