Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by kootenay joe »

Great looking Folding Hunter, the saber grind gives the knife a 'muscular' look. This pattern was originally made for hunters, deer, moose, elk. I hope someone uses their 2019 AAPK knife to field dress a deer and posts pictures showing the knife at work.
kj
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

2013 GEC Abilene - African Blackwood
2013 GEC Abilene - African Blackwood
Just arrived today.
Trace
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

IMG_20190830_203533.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Great looking knife Bomba, love the bone. Was wondering if that is a three spring construction? How do you like it? Looks like the same clip as on my 66 stockman. And nice longer sheep foot. I've been tempted on those. Congrats.
Here's another version of the 66. 2014 ebony, flawless, the wood is silky, but good grip. Excellent everything, very knice, reminds me of old Case knives and patterns they don't make anymore.
Attachments
thumbnail_WP_20190825_17_04_30_Pro.jpg
thumbnail_WP_20190825_17_08_08_Pro.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I only have one of the 66's but I really like it. I-Man, that ebony is very classy.
Attachments
GEC 661210J UN-X-LD Serpentine Jack - Rotten Banana Bone - Open Mark Labeled.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks Jerry, but I don't think it holds a candle to that beauty. You did it right. Wow, I'd trade you for that one straight across without even thinking about it. Quickly becoming one of my favorite patterns. Yours is beautiful. I think Ebony is fine, but not like yours. I had no choice, that was all there was and there were no other handle options. But what a killer knife I must say so it's a keeper even if it's Ebony. Love the knife, just wish it was as pretty as something like say, oh, I don't know, yours maybe? Mmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, that banana is delicious.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Ivoryman wrote:Great looking knife Bomba, love the bone. Was wondering if that is a three spring construction? How do you like it? Looks like the same clip as on my 66 stockman. And nice longer sheep foot. I've been tempted on those. Congrats.
Thanks, I-man, your 66 is no slouch at all. Very classy as most ebony GECs are. ::tu::

The 29 is in fact a 3-spring, the master has its own middle spring instead of riding on both individual secondary blade springs. It is still snappy, very pocketable, and comfortable to hold and use. It helps put that Osage lemon out of mind and I think despite the demand these 29s have seen that this one will be a user.

I noticed that Risner was down to their last NF bloodwood 29 and I couldn't help myself. It will be coming to post-Dorian Florida along with a couple pearl Queens. These impulse buys are gonna be the end of me... ::paranoid:: ::smirk::
Attachments
s249847959340461643_p1188_i3_w2560.jpeg
s249847959340461643_p1188_i11_w2560.jpeg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Tsar Bomba wrote:
Ivoryman wrote:Great looking knife Bomba, love the bone. Was wondering if that is a three spring construction? How do you like it? Looks like the same clip as on my 66 stockman. And nice longer sheep foot. I've been tempted on those. Congrats.
Thanks, I-man, your 66 is no slouch at all. Very classy as most ebony GECs are. ::tu::

The 29 is in fact a 3-spring, the master has its own middle spring instead of riding on both individual secondary blade springs. It is still snappy, very pocketable, and comfortable to hold and use. It helps put that Osage lemon out of mind and I think despite the demand these 29s have seen that this one will be a user.

I noticed that Risner was down to their last NF bloodwood 29 and I couldn't help myself. It will be coming to post-Dorian Florida along with a couple pearl Queens. These impulse buys are gonna be the end of me... ::paranoid:: ::smirk::
Thanks a ton, great looker, and in all the pics I saw on different sellers pages, I could never find a backspring shot like you provided. Thanks. Sweeeeet looking knife for sure, you grabbed some good looking wood. Use it amen, that's the only way I get the full effect. Safe queens do not even begin to turn me on like a user does. Enjoy it bigtime.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Gec certainly did a masterful job in aligning the springs. The 2 'lines' where the springs abut with each other can barely be seen and it seems all or nearly all 29's came out like this.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Posts here about how fine the 62 pattern is had me bidding on ebay for this 620213. It is my first GEC with stainless steel and i think it is most attractive with this jigged bone.
kj
Attachments
IMGP7510.JPG
IMGP7511.JPG
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:Posts here about how fine the 62 pattern is had me bidding on ebay for this 620213. It is my first GEC with stainless steel and i think it is most attractive with this jigged bone.
kj

I posted two 62’s a few pages back and I think these are my favorite pattern from GEC. This one is exceptional as well. This bone color and jigging fits perfectly on this knife. Great pick up!
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you Mark. I think the little acorn shield fits in with the threaded bolsters and contributes to the overall 'flow' and interest.
He is a Fishtail GEC, it's a pattern that seems a bit rare, 631110, with "Chestnut Jig Bone" which is a very attractive jigging. The 63 does not seem to have 'caught on' the way some patterns have like the 15 or 85 and others.
kj
Attachments
IMGP7512.JPG
IMGP7514.JPG
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

kootenay joe wrote:Thank you Mark. I think the little acorn shield fits in with the threaded bolsters and contributes to the overall 'flow' and interest.
He is a Fishtail GEC, it's a pattern that seems a bit rare, 631110, with "Chestnut Jig Bone" which is a very attractive jigging. The 63 does not seem to have 'caught on' the way some patterns have like the 15 or 85 and others.
kj
Great looking fishtail KJ.
Sure wish GEC would use that jigging on more of their current offerings.
Trace
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

kootenay joe wrote:Posts here about how fine the 62 pattern is had me bidding on ebay for this 620213. It is my first GEC with stainless steel and i think it is most attractive with this jigged bone.
kj
Was eyeballing that one. Congrats. Very nice one.
-Tim
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "Was eyeballing that one"
Right, but you didn't buy it even though price was low. I think this pattern is not that popular which is why it stayed for sale until i bought it a day or so after it was listed.
But if i am wrong and it is a much desired GEC then i'm lucky.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is a very nice #92, single blade from 2014. I find the overall design 'flow' here to be most attractive. I really like this knife.
I have a 92, two blade from 2013 that i carry sometimes. Both have a spear point blade but note the single blade knife has a more narrow spear point.
Wonder why the same blade was not used for both ? Maybe GEC wanted the single blade to look a bit more 'refined', less outdoorsy robust ?
But i am not complaining. I really like this 922114 exactly how it is.
kj
Attachments
IMGP7515.JPG
IMGP7516.JPG
IMGP7517.JPG
IMGP7518.JPG
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

That's a very nice acquisition. A great pattern.
-Tim
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I just noticed that I failed to post this 93 Ram Foot. With all the hubbub of the first one getting stolen off my front porch and thanking dweb1897 (Doug) for the replacement he so kindly provided, this post just got lost in the shuffle. This bad boy is out-bloody-standing. ::tu::
Attachments
GEC 933119 Northfield Ram Foot - Labeled.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Received one of the new 77 Barlows, 1 of 15 in no snake snakewood, made at the end of the run with leftover parts.
Attachments
IMG_0862.jpg
IMG_0865.jpg
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

JohnR wrote:Received one of the new 77 Barlows, 1 of 15 in no snake snakewood, made at the end of the run with leftover parts.
For No Snakewood that looks pretty good.
-Tim
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

FarSide wrote:
JohnR wrote:Received one of the new 77 Barlows, 1 of 15 in no snake snakewood, made at the end of the run with leftover parts.
For No Snakewood that looks pretty good.

Thanks, I thought so too. I was expecting plain and was pleasantly surprised.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That's a mighty fine looking barlow there John ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Log Cabin Knives

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

I recently found this GEC Congress on eBay. My primary reason for adding it to my collection was it's name, "Grandma's Kitchen Floor" and how much it looked like my own Grandmother's floor back in the day. I remember listening to Gene Autry on my new record player (oh, no! I sound like Joe Biden!) and for whatever reason staring at the floor as I sung along. I haven't thought about that since it happened 60 years ago and the memory was well worth the price of the knife. :D :D
Attachments
DSCN1274.JPG
DSCN1275.JPG
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Nice knife and a fine memory. Thanks for posting it , Log.
kj
Log Cabin Knives

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

Thanks KJ, she was a fine woman. Salt of the earth kind. ::tu::

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”