Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

HighPlains wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:46 pm Very nice SSK. And very generous of KJ to part with it.

I realize I am in the minority here, but the stockman has never inspired me much for some reason. I’m a trapper guy through and through. However, I do find that my eyes always linger over these Mavericks. Something about the Congress frame and that especially elegant clip really does appeal to me.

Thanks for posting. I would love to see more of these if members have them.
Since you asked, I just sold this one, it’s a Kingwood Maverick. I turned it loose knowing this Snakewood was going to replace it. I just like wooden handles over just about any other handle material and on this pattern it just feels great in hand.
Attachments
IMG_2659.jpeg
IMG_2660.jpeg
IMG_2662.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
HighPlains

Post by HighPlains »

Lovely, thanks. The cloud shield is very handsome.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Here is another one that I had but traded to Willy Camaro. Autumn clawed bone handles.
Attachments
IMG_0762.jpeg
IMG_0763.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
HighPlains

Post by HighPlains »

Love this one. Jigged bone and corset shield. If it had a long pull it would be perfect to me. Thanks for posting. Gorgeous knife.
J1890

Post by J1890 »

#46 the whaler. Been using this guy for food prep.
One heck of a knife.
C51E5B99-8CBB-440F-A349-37FE862CF990.jpeg
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

J1890 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:05 am #46 the whaler. Been using this guy for food prep.
One heck of a knife.
C51E5B99-8CBB-440F-A349-37FE862CF990.jpeg
Very nice, and so unique.
-Tim
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

GEC #12 in dark chestnut jig bone. Just came today.
IMG_20200425_142706125_HDR.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20200425_142644770_HDR.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Nice #12 ! I have one with jade green camel bone handles, also very attractive. For some unknown reason this has not been a popular pattern even though it is an easy one to pocket & carry.
Anyone know why the GEC #12 is not a popular pattern ?
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very knice looking knife Doug. And I especially like the shield. ::nod:: ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

GEC made Bulldog. Other photos in BD thread.
P1030646 (2).JPG
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

QS very nice Dog Bone Shield on That GEC Bulldog ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I see any GEC made knife as a GEC knife regardless of the name stamped on the tang. I know that many people only see a knife that is marked "GEC" to be a GEC knife. To me the maker is the significant factor and i like the above GEC made Congress with the dog bone shield.
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Gary and kj.
J1890

Post by J1890 »

GEC made Schrade 73 with a really cool shield.
71, which is just a great all around knife.
F7293DC1-C0B9-45F5-949D-ACC7E669BCDF.jpeg
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
salmonpie75

Post by salmonpie75 »

Something about this little guy :D
Attachments
St. Patty’s Day Acrylic
St. Patty’s Day Acrylic
~Sean
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Sweet Lambsfoot from Gunstock Jack came in. It's used and there was a tiny spot where the grind meets the tang mark side. Made a little tool with a copper wire point so I can rub the spots out with softer metal. Worked great. Took out the corrosion, didn't seem to remove any untainted metal, and looks about new again.
Attachments
thumbnail_20200807_112713.jpg
thumbnail_20200807_112817.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great idea on removing the spots. And that is a very sweet knife. ::tu::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

doglegg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:26 pm Great idea on removing the spots. And that is a very sweet knife. ::tu::
Thanks doglegg, appreciate it. Thanks for the compliments on the home made tool too.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I am going to copy your copper tipped tool. Any 'secrets' for securing the copper in place ?
Very attractive knife. Charlie C. is able to tweak a GEC pattern into an even better knife.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

It’s been too long since anyone posted on here. I got this one today. Had an email from Barry at Gunstock Jack’s the other day that these had been customized by Esynx Custom Knives. This is a 15 pattern with cocobolo handles and a crest shield Beautiful.
Attachments
IMG_4340.jpeg
IMG_4338.jpeg
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:53 pm It’s been too long since anyone posted on here. I got this one today. Had an email from Barry at Gunstock Jack’s the other day that these had been customized by Esynx Custom Knives. This is a 15 pattern with cocobolo handles and a crest shield Beautiful.
That is a really nice knife, you must be very happy with it. ::woot::
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:53 pm It’s been too long since anyone posted on here. I got this one today. Had an email from Barry at Gunstock Jack’s the other day that these had been customized by Esynx Custom Knives. This is a 15 pattern with cocobolo handles and a crest shield Beautiful.
I saw those the other day after receiving an email. They went pretty quick, but very limited quantity. Very nice work by Esynx as expected.Congrats on landing one.
-Tim
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

....drooooool, drooooool, droooooooooolll, drip, drip, drip....
::not_worthy:: ::not_worthy:: ::clapping:: ::not_worthy:: ::not_worthy:: :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::super_happy:: :lol:
Looks custom or like a SFO only better. Fabulous wood, bare head, shield, mmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks to Kennedy Knives kindness for trading me a Beer and Sausage for the Appaloosa bone and for letting go of the jigged bone. Love these two, really fine specimens and begging to ride along. Going out with a bang SFO. Thanks thanks thanks KennedyKnives.
Attachments
thumbnail_20201015_125415.jpg
Maher and Grosh $1.50 Razor Steel Trapper  GEC 35 frame
Maher and Grosh $1.50 Razor Steel Trapper GEC 35 frame
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Received my first 74 today from Barry at Gunstock Jacks. Wow! I don’t say that often but this plum color jigged bone is really nice looking. I finally get it why people like these single blade knives over multi-bladed knives. This is such a well done knife. My only complaint, and it’s a minor complaint is that the bone jigging seems a little jagged on some edges. When I wiped it off with a microfiber towel it kept grabbing threads out of the towel and they were stuck in some of the jigging.
I’m so impressed with this over the 23 I am thinking about selling all my 23’s
Attachments
IMG_4423.jpeg
IMG_4425.jpeg
IMG_4428.jpeg
IMG_4431.jpeg

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”