Is your EDC a GEC?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
LSS152

Re: Is your EDC a GEC?

Post by LSS152 »

How about a # 43 Frontier bone. This one has some cosmetic issues and was labeled EDC.
Attachments
ECF426D7-A48F-444A-BE45-B860189CA8C7.jpeg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Great bone on that one LSS, looks like Mammoth ivory in a way. Beauty of a knife.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

78 American
Attachments
WP_20180313_013.jpg
WP_20180213_044.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

#15 Spear Antique Yellow regularly lately.
Attachments
WP_20180723_053.jpg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Safe Queen for years until I could bring myself to use it and now I wish I hadn't denied it so long. Great knife that's fun to use and thin in the pocket. Decent to look at.
Attachments
WP_20180802_007.jpg
WP_20180802_010.jpg
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Ivoryman wrote:Safe Queen for years until I could bring myself to use it and now I wish I hadn't denied it so long. Great knife that's fun to use and thin in the pocket. Decent to look at.
Very nice!
-Tim
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Possum Skinner and a Bull Buster.
Attachments
IMG_4574.JPG
David
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Those two look pretty new David, not much pocket time yet. But good choices. ::nod::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Yup they are new only been in the pocket a few days.
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

15 & 21 today.
Attachments
IMG_4578.JPG
David
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

These are some of my most carried GEC's since I got them, I think they qualify as an edc even though I don't always carry them. The ebony I bought new, the hemlock bone I bought used for a ridiculously good price and I have another in mint condition so I do not fret to use this one hard. When I say hard I mean I'll do pretty much anything with it that doesn't severely damage the edge or otherwise break the knife. The hemlock is probably my favorite of these two and it has better snap on the secondary blades and looks nicer although ebony is my preferred work knife handle material. Either way I've become very fond of the 66 stockman pattern through use and through the ones I bought for my collection.
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

D31D8428-A52A-4A17-AF97-AD446C75C335.jpeg
-Tim
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

That's a cool looker Farside, never seen that brand before. Looks different from other Trappers out there and reminds me of ivory.
KSlinger, good looking Hemlock Green bone Stockman. I like those 66s and that has great covers.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

FarSide wrote:D31D8428-A52A-4A17-AF97-AD446C75C335.jpeg
Very nice 48 you've got there! I do love to see a full clip blade. I bet you can hardly feel it in the pocket yet with a highly useful blade size. Isn't Lone Star Knives the one who gets the Battleship SFO knives where they use decking wood or Damascus steel from old WWII ships? From what I've seen, GEC makes them in very limited numbers; very hard to come by. Well done!

- Lee
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

m0nk wrote:
FarSide wrote:D31D8428-A52A-4A17-AF97-AD446C75C335.jpeg
Very nice 48 you've got there! I do love to see a full clip blade. I bet you can hardly feel it in the pocket yet with a highly useful blade size. Isn't Lone Star Knives the one who gets the Battleship SFO knives where they use decking wood or Damascus steel from old WWII ships? From what I've seen, GEC makes them in very limited numbers; very hard to come by. Well done!

- Lee
Ivoryman wrote:That's a cool looker Farside, never seen that brand before. Looks different from other Trappers out there and reminds me of ivory.
Thank you Ivoryman & mOnk. Yes it is a Lone Star SFO . He has made a handful of smooth white bone kmives with the normal wood Battleship knives for the #48 & #56. I think only 16 were made of the 48’s.
It does disappear in the pocket :)
-Tim
KnifeSlinger#81

I bought this 82 to be my new edc. I like it very much. The quality of this run is fantastic and gec did a good job of grinding the blades, they are a bit more thin than usual so I was able to put a fairly low angle on the edge and still have a small bevel.
IMG_2901.JPG
-Paul T.

FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:I bought this 82 to be my new edc. I like it very much. The quality of this run is fantastic and gec did a good job of grinding the blades, they are a bit more thin than usual so I was able to put a fairly low angle on the edge and still have a small bevel.

IMG_2901.JPG
Nice 82. GEC did do a great job on these 82's. Been carrying my Copperhead 82 quite a bit.
-Tim
KnifeSlinger#81

FarSide wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:I bought this 82 to be my new edc. I like it very much. The quality of this run is fantastic and gec did a good job of grinding the blades, they are a bit more thin than usual so I was able to put a fairly low angle on the edge and still have a small bevel.

IMG_2901.JPG
Nice 82. GEC did do a great job on these 82's. Been carrying my Copperhead 82 quite a bit.
Thanks. The copperhead looks much nicer than the micarta, which is why I opted to keep my copperhead pristine and use the heck out of this one.
-Paul T.

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

14s have called to me lately, and won me over.
Attachments
WP_20190303_060.jpg
WP_20190303_071.jpg
WP_20190302_009.jpg
WP_20190302_011.jpg
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Was sitting her at my little desk staring at my knife displays and thinking of why I acquired each of them. Some to complete a specific collection, others because they were to good a deal to pass up, some given to me by a friend, some to try a pattern and ones given to me by my bride to be.

Then one of the kids brought the mail in and out of all the knives within arms reach I dig in my pocket for what has become my go to EDC.
GEC 82 Dixie stag 2018
GEC 82 Dixie stag 2018
That got me thinking about how much I have come to like my Dixie, which I originally thought would be larger than I wanted for an EDC. It gets used for most everything from steaks and porkchops to even a bit of very crappy whittling during an excrutiatingly slow day at work.
Got to looking at the ones still available and broke down and ordered 1 each of the other 3 variations. Knife gods forbid anything ever happens to my EDC one then at least I'll have another to slip in the pocket. And who knows when they'll do another run of them, if ever.
Trace
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Ivoryman wrote:14s have called to me lately, and won me over.
I don't blame you.
IMG_20190308_150016~3.jpg
Rotten wrote:Then one of the kids brought the mail in and out of all the knives within arms reach I dig in my pocket for what has become my go to EDC.
So handy I ordered a micarta version just for EDC so I could keep my copperhead bone pretty. ::smirk:: I had no idea this would be as substantial a knife as it turned out but with my meatpaws that's a positive. Plus, the blade selection is the best of any stock knife I've seen yet also complements a small standard clip like a Barlow or peanut - or a large clip like a hunter or...a granddaddy Barlow... :lol:

Should be here early next week. ::ds::
GE828318NC-1.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Here here Bomba, couldn't agree more. 14s are cool and your bones there are great, I love the dark color in the middle, love the light yellow on the ends, and that reddish hue by your bolsters is beautiful. Man I like those AAPKs. But they were long gone the moment I heard about them and tried to reserve one. Always seems to work out that way. And I tell you I love the wharn instead of a sheep and the drop instead of a spay on the 82. As a matter of principle I would never spay anything, so that kind of blade is not attractive for me personally, but the drop is cool also because it's bigger than the usual spay and the wharn seems bigger than the usual sheep. It's a great looking knife, I've almost capitulated a couple of times after reading everyone's reviews and comments. And all this suggestive satisfaction with them and the peer pressure is slowing having some sway with me in a way. You guys are very convincing. And don't get me wrong, they look great, very cool knife. That one of KnifeSlingers gets me to look every time, I like the blonde micarta. Beauties guys, you too Rotten.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I BELIEVED AAPK DOES NOT CARE WHETHER YOU HAVE AN AAPK POCKET KNIFE IN YOUR COLLECTION OR NOT. I SEE THAT AAPK WAITS TO THE VERY END OF THE YEAR TO OFFER THEIR MEMBERS AN AAPK CLUB KNIFE. WHAT EVER KNIFE GEC OFFERS AT THE 4TH QUARTER OF THE YEAR , THAT IS WHAT YOU GET. LOOK AT 2014 , ONLY 50 KNIVES WERE OFFERED , RIDICULOUS !. BLOOD RED JIGGED BONE , SMOOTH OILY CREEK BONE , BLUEBERRY JIGGED BONE , AUTUMN LEAF JIGGED BONE , CAMEL BONES , AND TIGER MAPLE WOOD IS PRODUCED IN LOW NUMBERS TO DRIVE UP PRICES AND VALUE ON EBAY. AAPK USES AAPK CLUB MEMBER KNIVES FOR MEMBERSHIP BATE. $20 ,$30 , & $40 IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT. MEMBERSHIP BATE IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. THE #43 OR #44 GEC KNIVES WOULD OF BEEN A MUCH BETTER CHOICE THAN THE #14 BABY LITTLE BOY'S KNIVES. THE NORTHFIELD GEC#29 KNIFE WILL BE THE COOLEST NEW PRODUCTION DESIGN THIS YEAR. THOSE KNIVES WILL MOST LIKELY BE PRODUCED BEFORE OCTOBER , I DOUBT IF WE ARE OFFERED THOSE BY AAPK. "MEMBERSHIP BATE !"
10987687_1007688015927983_4053474943814957990_n.png
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I WANT THE NEW GEC#29 KNIFE TO BE THE NEXT AAPK MEMBERSHIP KNIFE. BLOOD RED JIGGED BONE , SMOOTH OILY CREEK BONE , AUTUMN LEAF BONE , OR BLUEBERRY JIGGED BONE WOULD BE A GREAT CHOICE. THIS GEC #29 KNIFE WOULD BE A GREAT EVERYDAY CARRY KNIFE FOR ME. I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH.
291319-TIDIOUTE-NORTHFIELD-768x594.jpg
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:I BELIEVED AAPK DOES NOT CARE WHETHER YOU HAVE AN AAPK POCKET KNIFE IN YOUR COLLECTION OR NOT. I SEE THAT AAPK WAIT TO THE VERY END OF THE YEAR TO OFFER THEIR MEMBERS AN AAPK CLUB KNIFE. WHAT EVER KNIFE GEC OFFERS AT THE 4TH QUARTER OF THE YEAR , THAT IS WHAT YOU GET. LOOK AT 2014 , ONLY 50 KNIVES WERE OFFERED , RIDICULOUS !. BLOOD RED JIGGED BONE , SMOOTH OILY CREEK BONE , BLUEBERRY JIGGED BONE , AUTUMN LEAF JIGGED BONE , CAMEL BONES , AND TIGER MAPLE WOOD IS PRODUCED IN LOW NUMBERS TO DRIVE UP PRICES AND VALUE ON EBAY. I BET AAPK EMPLOYESS GOT THEIR KNIFE FIRST , IF THEY WERE WILLING TO BUY ONE. AAPK USES AAPK CLUB MEMBER KNIVES FOR MEMBERSHIP BATE. $20 ,$30 , & $40 IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT. I BET BRYAN NEVER GOT FIRED FOR THE 2014 SCREW UP. MEMBERSHIP BATE IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. THE #43 OR #44 GEC KNIVES WOULD OF BEEN A MUCH BETTER CHOICE THAN THE #14 BABY LITTLE BOY'S KNIVES. THE NORTHFIELD GEC#29 KNIFE WILL BE THE COOLEST NEW PRODUCTION DESIGN THIS YEAR. THOSE KNIVES WILL MOST LIKELY BE PRODUCED BEFORE OCTOBER , I DOUBT IF WE ARE OFFERED THOSE BY AAPK. "MEMBERSHIP BATE !" 10987687_1007688015927983_4053474943814957990_n.png
If you are not familiar with some of the background of how AAPK got started and Bryan's story in particular, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you read this post. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52851&p=581136#p581136 I realize that the familiarity gained might not change your perception and perspective.

My perception and perspective is that you deserve a chance to apologize for the insinuations you have made in your post.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”