GEC visit

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Jeffrey

GEC visit

Post by Jeffrey »

I took a trip last Friday to the Great Eastern Cutlery factory. The gentleman there by the name of Pat gave me a tour. I didn't know all of the work that is put into one knife. During the tour every station is explained and I found out that GEC's scale material all comes from North America except the ivory and some of the wood. Also the bolsters are actually pinned on as well leaving them permanently on the spacers. Anyone who likes their knives should pay a visit to the factory. Everyone there was very nice and willing to take the time and say hello. After leaving the factory I was impressed and happy that I have their knives.
Here are some photos, sorry they didn't come out to well. ::tu::
Attachments
R1-07163-025A.jpg
R1-07163-024A.jpg
R1-07163-023A.jpg
R1-07163-020A.jpg
PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!
big monk

Re: GEC visit

Post by big monk »

Hey Jeffery________sounds like a great day-------I have got to make that trip,one day soon ______________ but it's quite a ride for us :)

Did you buy a new knife ?????????? ::ds::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

Did you go to the Queen factory too? Buy any knives?
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
justold52

Post by justold52 »

Jeffrey I know the knives that are sold at the factory are priced a bit high. But if you did not buy at least one knife you will be kicking your butt every time you think of the trip for many years down the road... :oops: ..

Well next time take some plastic money with you and plan in useing it... :wink:

After leaving the factory I was impressed and happy that I have their knives.... That was a GR8 feelling I KNOW.... ::tu:: :wink:

Ken
A sign In a Chinese Pet Store: 'Buy one dog, get one flea.'
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I bought a new #66 in the Rotten Banana Bone its a great knife, sorry I didnt get a pic my camera is not in the best of shape! I stopped by the Queen factory but they were closed. But I snapped a few pics. The tour at GEC was great!
Attachments
R1-07163-016A.jpg
R1-07163-018A.jpg
PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

Jeffrey, I'm glad you got the chance to make it down to the factory, it's really cool to see just how much (home made) goes into each knife.
Bringing home a new knife is always fun, hopefully you can get some pics up soon.

I've been to the factory a couple times and really enjoyed myself, hope you had as good a time as I did.
justold52

Post by justold52 »

twoshoes knowing you, I bet your mom drove home and you just played with your new knife all the way home.... :lol: :lol:
A sign In a Chinese Pet Store: 'Buy one dog, get one flea.'
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

Guilty as charged. ::nod::
Archer

Post by Archer »

I just called up there (GEC) in reference to a 66 jack knife that needed some repair. Blades didn't close all the way. The lady I talked to said no problem just send us the knife we will fix it and Fed-Ex it back to you the same day. :shock: I wish all companies were like that. Well after reading these posts, dealing with their customer service and realy enjoying there knives, I'm going to have to take a trip up there one day, they seem like people I could hang out with.
Mike

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”