Just got my first GEC knife.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Jeffrey

Just got my first GEC knife.

Post by Jeffrey »

Just got in the mail from collectorknives.net a GEC "SARPNT". Its a great knife! I think its cool that they pin the shield on!
PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!
WelderBob
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Just got my first GEC knife.

Post by WelderBob »

You got a nice one Jeff.. ::tu:: ..bet it won't be the last... :wink:
Bob

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth" - Jeff Cooper
lenny357

Post by lenny357 »

Pinning shields used to be the norm until they found glue to be cheaper. I really dislike the glued shields ::disgust::
okbohn

Post by okbohn »

I worked on the SARPENT riddle for a long time and never got it.....someone had to tell me! :)

Nice choice.
Derrick

http://www.KnivesShipFree.com

Great Eastern, Canal Street, Northwoods, Queen, Schatt & Morgan, Many Great Knives. All in Stock!
:)
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

okbohn wrote:I worked on the SARPENT riddle for a long time and never got it.....someone had to tell me! :)

Nice choice.
Ive looked at it for the longest time and still cannot figure it out.
PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!
Desert Golfer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Desert Golfer »

Just got my First GEC Knife today. Saw it For Sale in a local Gun Shop. Had to have it.
Attachments
IMG_5461 (2).JPG
IMG_5465.JPG
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Desert Golfer wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:30 am Just got my First GEC Knife today. Saw it For Sale in a local Gun Shop. Had to have it.
You have just fallen down the " Rabbit Warren Maze ', and there ain't no escape. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: :wink:
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Great knife ::tu::
TPK

Post by TPK »

Desert Golfer wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:30 am Just got my First GEC Knife today. Saw it For Sale in a local Gun Shop. Had to have it.
Nice find Desert Golfer! ::tu:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
knivesbeforeforks

Post by knivesbeforeforks »

Well guys I got my first GEC today. It's a Great Eastern Cutlery Northfield #23 Antique Autumn Bone Pioneer Trapper and it lives up to the hype. I didn't want to admit it(because of my own stupid pride), but I have to now, it's a better quality knife than Case. So with that out of the way. I only have a simple question. For those of you that have taken the next step up to and collect an even better Brand or custom made knives etc.. how much better can the quality get on these traditional knives? It seems like there has to be a ceiling somewhere. Is it worth it to save up and get a taste of a custom traditional pocket knife or is it better to spend the money more wisely on perfectly fine knives at the Case and GEC levels? When I started this hobby I was so naive, it's a gigantic rabbit hole!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

knivesbeforeforks wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:44 am Well guys I got my first GEC today. It's a Great Eastern Cutlery Northfield #23 Antique Autumn Bone Pioneer Trapper and it lives up to the hype. I didn't want to admit it(because of my own stupid pride), but I have to now, it's a better quality knife than Case. So with that out of the way. I only have a simple question. For those of you that have taken the next step up to and collect an even better Brand or custom made knives etc.. how much better can the quality get on these traditional knives? It seems like there has to be a ceiling somewhere. Is it worth it to save up and get a taste of a custom traditional pocket knife or is it better to spend the money more wisely on perfectly fine knives at the Case and GEC levels? When I started this hobby I was so naive, it's a gigantic rabbit hole!!
You should do whatever you feel is best for you. We all have our personal preferences, and there’s no rule that says you should or should not, so collect what you like. There are several threads here regarding whether (or not) the GEC market at present is overheated, with all the jockeying for position and flipping for profit going on. Some like that “excitement”, some are turned off by it.

My advice based on fifty plus years of collecting knives is to collect what you like. And don’t delude yourself into thinking you’re making an investment for profit.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

What Ken said, do and buy what you like and don't get swept up by the hype, you will make bad decisions and waste money. My grandmother used to say " It's no longer a game when somebody gets their eye poked out ". When it stops being fun and enjoyable give it up. ::handshake::
knivesbeforeforks

Post by knivesbeforeforks »

Thanks for the input everyone. Yeah I think I'm just gonna chill out for a bit and just collect what looks good ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

knivesbeforeforks wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:45 pm Thanks for the input everyone. Yeah I think I'm just gonna chill out for a bit and just collect what looks good ::tu::
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”