GEC on KNIVES LIVE Television

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Vince Roberts

GEC on KNIVES LIVE Television

Post by Vince Roberts »

Wanted to let everyone know that Ryan and Ken are scheduled to appear on the Knives' LIVE TV Show this coming Friday night. ::tu::

Since Ryan and Ken will be at the Parkers Knife Show in Sevierville this weekend they are going to hop over to Smoky Mountian Knife Works Friday evening and join in the fun of being on Live Television! From what I understand they will be offering some really nice knives - but since so many folks watch this show I bet the special ones won't last long.

Here is the rundown on the schedule for this Show:
Date: 6/12/09
Show Time: 8pm - 11pm EST
DISH Network Ch 224
DirecTV Ch 225

Also, if you don't have either of these services you can always watch the show LIVE on the SMKW Website Link: http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/ma ... tvshow.jsp
This link will be operative during show times.

Don't know exactly when they will appear on the Show but I suspect it will be between 8:30 and 10:00 (I doubt Ryan could stay up much later than that since he needs his beauty sleep). :mrgreen:

Just wanted to let eveyone know so you'd know there was at least one good show on TV this Friday. :wink:
Last edited by Vince Roberts on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Fort Henry Custom Knives
http://www.forthenrycustomknives.com
useem

Re: GEC on KNIVES LIVE Television

Post by useem »

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching.
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

20 more minutes all you GEC fans, wonder if they'll have a special promo offer?
Don
useem

Post by useem »

Those Painted Pony's are AWESOME!!!!!!
BuckeyeSchatt

Post by BuckeyeSchatt »

SMKW :x wanted $30.00 more for the Tidoute Congress knife (which is a beauty) than you could buy elsewere,some show special PROMO? I wish GEC all the best they make one heck of a knife,I've spoke with Ryan and Ken at a couple of different shows they are really great people. I'll buy my GEC's from AAPK store and others and save $$$. I plan on taking the factory tour the weekend of the Queen show I can't wait.
gcrinnion

Post by gcrinnion »

BuckeyeSchatt wrote:SMKW :x wanted $30.00 more for the Tidoute Congress knife (which is a beauty) than you could buy elsewere,some show special PROMO? ...
They had a Spyderco rescue knife for sale last night for $89. I carry that same exact knife on my duty belt at work and I paid maybe $60 for it. Same exact knife.
My name is George

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change -
Buddha

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible"
- Matthew 19:26
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

I saw it on my computer last night and I did not see any real deals. Even the Painted Pony knives were a bit pricey - IMO. Add shipping to those SMKW prices and they are pricey. I had Michael Prater do 4 knives for me and I supplied the materials. He only charged me $160 labor ($40.00 for each knife - filework and all) for all 4 knives. Materials were the major cost for me - the priciest being Black Lip Pearl on one knife.(actually BLP scales cost more than the materials for the other 3 knives combined).
Hukk
Vince Roberts

Post by Vince Roberts »

Guys - this thread is getting off track, this thread was started in the GEC Forum for two reasons;

- to let folks know that GEC was making some moves into exciting new territory (ie via TV with SMKW)
- to provide info to the GEC fans on AAPK so that we could support GEC by being able to watch the show

Since the show is over I'm going to go ahead and lock this topic, if anyone purchased a GEC from the Show and wants to share that with the rest of us please start a new thread.
Fort Henry Custom Knives
http://www.forthenrycustomknives.com

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”