Knife rendezvous

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
johnny twoshoes

Knife rendezvous

Post by johnny twoshoes »

I know it's early but doe's anyone plan on going to GEC's 3rd annual knife rendezvous in
Titusville I plan on going so I'm pretty excited but like I said it's early. ::tu::
mikek

Re: Knife rendezvous

Post by mikek »

I will be there Friday morning before the Queen show. mike
Vince Roberts

Post by Vince Roberts »

I'm from "down South" so I doubt I could make it but I do have a couple of questions;

- Since this is the 3rd Annual, how many folks show up to this?
- Is it one day or two?
- Do you buy Tickets?

Thanks in advance.
Fort Henry Custom Knives
http://www.forthenrycustomknives.com
mikek

Post by mikek »

The way this works is kind of like this:

Every other year Case and Queen host very nice knife shows. Queen this year and Case the next. GEC, being a young and enterprising company takes advantage of all the extra knife buying traffic that shows up in Titusville and Bradford and hosts there own open house.
What they do is offer factory tours and limited run knifes that will not go out to there dealers until after the weekend is over (thats if there's any left)
I beleive that the open house starts Wed. or Thurs. but I'am not sure which day. There's no charge at GEC and getting into the Queen show was not much at all if I recall correctly. This show starts Fri. at noon and runs thru Sat. and there's a bunch of people that attend both events.
Queen also offers a factory tour on Thurs. but reservations must be made and a small cost is involved. there's also a cookout on one of the nights.

Hope this helps, mike
justold52

Post by justold52 »

You said it all except whats the date?

I went in 2007 and that was my frist knife show.

I did not pay any thing for the Queens tour. When did they start charging?

The cookout on one of the nights was well worth the price GR8 food. It was on saterday night right after their Queens auction. I got me some old knives from the Queens safe.
A sign In a Chinese Pet Store: 'Buy one dog, get one flea.'
mikek

Post by mikek »

That would be July 24th and 25th.( Queen show). I could be mistaken about any cost for the tour. mike
johnny twoshoes

I don't know what day I'm going but hope you guy's have fun. ::tu::
justold52

Post by justold52 »

mikek wrote:That would be July 24th and 25th.( Queen show). I could be mistaken about any cost for the tour. mike
Good then no fee for tour, but is a door fee to get in the Queens show.

I will be staying in the same hotel for 3 nights. I for got the name of it. The time spent in the loby after the show each night. Is the best part of the show. We stayed up till about midnight and had a super time. I had Charley laughing all the time.
GECLADY

Post by GECLADY »

The 3rd Annual GEC Knife Rendezvous is July 23, 24, 25 (Thurs, Fri., Sat) from 8 am till 4:30 pm with tours available each day from 8 am till 2pm. No reservation required.
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

It'll be entirely dependent on my work schedule and oncall rotations, but I'm going to try and make it at least one day, since I'm only 2 or so hours away :)
logman09
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by logman09 »

I can't make it up on that weekend but I called GEC and talked to Christine and she said they give tours Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 till 2:00 all the time. She seems like a very nice lady. I'm going up 6 30 09. I don't know any thing about GEC. Has anyone ever taken one of there tours? Was Tidioude a company before GEC started making them? Thanks Ed
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

logman09 wrote: Was Tidioude a company before GEC started making them? Thanks Ed
Hi Ed,
According to Blades Guide to Knives and Their Values, Tidioute was a brand used as early as 1897. It was linked to both the Baldwin Cutlery Co. and to Union Razor Co. Apparently the brand went out of use about 1916.

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
justold52

Post by justold52 »

I have been asked if I am going to the Queens show and the GEC open house this comming July 23,24,25 2009. I sure would like to know some others that are going to make plans. I want to stay in that same hotel I stayed in be for, but for got the name of it and I do not have the phone number. It is the on on a main road in town on a 90` turn.

If any one knows it is the same one Clarance stays in.

I need the phone number PLEASE # ??????????
johnny twoshoes

justold52 wrote:I have been asked if I am going to the Queens show and the GEC open house this comming July 23,24,25 2009. I sure would like to know some others that are going to make plans. I want to stay in that same hotel I stayed in be for, but for got the name of it and I do not have the phone number. It is the on on a main road in town on a 90` turn.

If any one knows it is the same one Clarance stays in.

I need the phone number PLEASE # ??????????
In Titusville, there's a Comfort Inn (814) 827-0041, Shadyside Hotel (814) 827-6923, Caboose Motel (814) 827-5730, and Cross Creek Resort (814) 827-9611. Any of those sound familiar?
justold52

Post by justold52 »

Good man johnny twoshoes ... ::tu::

I have a room on hold for night of 23,24, and 25. At the Comfort Inn. The same one I stayed at for my first ever knife show in 2007.

Thanks to johnny twoshoes.
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

Just a week left, I can't get off work for the 23rd and 24th, but I will be there on the 25th :) hope to see some folks there.
justold52

Post by justold52 »

I am still planing on being there.

I will take my AAPK hat with me too.

If you see a fat man in a wheel chair it might just be me.
johnny twoshoes

I still plan on being there. 8)

If you see a teenager wearing an AAPK shirt and drooling on knives it's me. ::tu::
justold52

Post by justold52 »

I hope this helps all that is comming.

The 3rd Annual GEC Knife Rendezvous is July 23, 24, 25 (Thurs, Fri., Sat) from 8 am till 4:30 pm with tours available each day from 8 am till 2pm. No reservation required.

.............QUEEN CUTLERY COLLECTOR’S
.................6 TH BIENNIAL SHOW

DATE: Friday July 24th, Saturday July 25th 2009
WHERE: CAC Hall in Titusville, PA 19608
TIME: Public hours, Friday, 12 noon to 5 pm, Saturday 8:00am till 4:00 pm
FACTORY TOUR: THURSDAY July 23th, from 10:00 am till 2:00pm.
COOKOUT: Friday the 24th at 6:00pm, tickets $ 20.00 per person.
Worth the $20.00 very good cook out.
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

stopped up to see the folks at GEC this morning. Very cool to see where all my toys were born (And kinda like a hot rodder seeing where his cars come from). I mean, I know how knives are made, but seeing it makes it all different. There's alot of attention to detail there, and you can tell that they take alot of pride in making a quality (In my limited opinion, the best quality) pocket knife that's not afraid to work.

If I was a far more devious man, I'd have found a way to abscond with a belt grinder and one of their buffers ::sneaky:: ::sneaky:: :mrgreen:. I Met Mr. Daniels briefly, drooled over the factory collection, ogled the new #12 toothpick, resisted the urge to walk away with half the store, so all in all a good day!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Adam, did you see any sign of Justold 52, Sauconian, or Johnnytwoshoes?
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

I did not, however I believe that's my own fault for showing up on the last day. it was a pretty uncrowded place when I was there. Next year I'm going to try and get in earlier.
GECTECHMAN

Post by GECTECHMAN »

OK for all you who do not know Justold 52 has a better half who we were glad to meet this past week.
Thanks again Ken for lunch.
A picture of the happy couple is attached.
Thanks again to all who came.
I have a few other group pictures I plan to add to our web site so watch it next week.

By the way I think we are all out of YELLOW knives.
Attachments
IMG_1992.JPG
IMG_1992.JPG (36.88 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
GECTECHMAN

Visit Great Eastern Cutlery at
http://www.greateasterncutlery.net/
justold52

Post by justold52 »

O how nice it is see your self-having a very good time at GEC.

I told Ken D that I could not come the last day, cuz every time I visit GEC a knife or 2 knives followed me out the door.

First visit two #26 Abalone with knife openers in Abalone and matching serial numbers found their way in my pocket.

A YELLOW mystery knife with Bryan’s name on it, but she is in my pocket.. ::sneaky:: . Ken D donated her for Bryan's Auction.

2nd visit a #12 Toothpick _2nd cut Jig Burnt Stag. Lunch with Jeff and Ken D with a bonus (my wifey). Gee blondes say funny things... :lol: :lol:

3rd visit a YELLOW #94 Smooth Banana Peel.
#12 Toothpick Frontier Bone. I call this one a 3 tone. The handles are just telling there own story. That is if you understand bone talk... ::drool:: ::smirk::

I hope to see Vicky D again cuz my wifey wants to go shopping with her some time.... ::dang:: ::dang:: Perhaps they will look for a B-Day knife for me ????

Ken
johnny twoshoes

I got home yesterday from the Queen show. Had a great time. Meeting Fran and Ken was
great. They're great guy's. I came home with a couple knives, I got the Queen show knife which is beautiful I'll post pics tomorrow, I also got a 1987 buck 703 not in the best condition but it's been in my pocket for a while and I'm liking it even more. I'm saving
up for a Great Eastern toothpick which I'm sure will make a great EDC, so no GECs for me.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”