Show off your favorite GECs!

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
doglegg
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Show off your favorite GECs!

Postby doglegg » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm afraid that none of us have found our last knife. But you have a couple of knice ones. ::tu:: ::tu::

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:12 am

I don't know if this is your style or not but for your 3rd, may I suggest a #48 Improved Trapper. Last I looked there were still a few floating around out there. Can you tell it's one of my favorites? :)
Attachments
GEC 488213 Improved Trapper Beaver Tail - Jigged Brazilian Cherry #2 of 25 - Labeled.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Ivoryman

Postby Ivoryman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:43 pm

One of the all time favorites, '13 smooth ivory bone 85 Bullet End EZ open out for oil change, clean, wax, buff, snap a few shots, carry around, maybe switch it in to blade of the day. Bought it years ago from Volcano/Hurricane Q who gave me a great deal and great knife and great memory, hope you're riding out the storm safe and sound and thanks again for the sweeeeeeet knife.
Attachments
WP_20180806_016.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby gsmith7158 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:04 pm

That one makes my heart pitter patter I man! ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

TravisB

Postby TravisB » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:17 am

Brumbydownunder wrote:I wasn't sure if modified knives were okay here but looking back through the thread there are a few

This was an early #23 in smooth bone with spey blade.

Now a re-profiled blade and handle.... Slicked up action ....lanyard tube added and 'lace' Sheoak scales. (All work done by yours truly)

DSCN7153 (2).JPG

Derek

Nice one mate!! ::tu::

doglegg
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby doglegg » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:41 am

Ivoryman wrote:One of the all time favorites, '13 smooth ivory bone 85 Bullet End EZ open out for oil change, clean, wax, buff, snap a few shots, carry around, maybe switch it in to blade of the day. Bought it years ago from Volcano/Hurricane Q who gave me a great deal and great knife and great memory, hope you're riding out the storm safe and sound and thanks again for the sweeeeeeet knife.

That one is beautiful Ivoryman. :D ::tu:: ::tu:: :D

Tsar Bomba

Postby Tsar Bomba » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:25 am

Getting some of the most interesting colors on this 43's blade...
Attachments
28981745097_0b525d1e39_k.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

Ivoryman

Postby Ivoryman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:36 am

Great blue color there Bomba, what do you cut to get that hue? Looks cool. Chalky blue I like.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:40 am

I have shown this one previously but here it is again to compare with the full flat grind on ivoryman's #85.
kj
Attachments
IMGP4194.JPG
IMGP4195.JPG

Tsar Bomba

Postby Tsar Bomba » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:15 am

Ivoryman wrote:Great blue color there Bomba, what do you cut to get that hue? Looks cool. Chalky blue I like.

I started noticing that deep indigo/blue gradient all on the blade the week I happened to be eating a lot of..lasagne. ::shrug:: I'm thinking the citric acid from the tomato had a little something to do with it but I wonder if the cheese and grease might have reacted with some parts of it - there are some faint oranges and even a reddish hue in some areas of the blade that are hard to pick up in pics. My 81 is a NF with the same steel and polish but it hasn't gotten all psychedelic for me like this has.

kootenay joe wrote:I have shown this one previously but here it is again to compare with the full flat grind on ivoryman's #85.

I do wish GEC would run more of those fat saber grind spears (or maybe Wharnies - HINT HINT) without giving it the full Northfield treatment which often runs itself right out of my price range. Can't we get a blue camel bone 85 with a stout saber-ground spear? Heck I'll go for that sweet autumn bone KJ has. Christmas will be here before you know it, GEC!

TravisB

Postby TravisB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 am

Hi all, joined aapk awhile back but never really looked into the forum at the time, now glad I have and happy to have found some Gec lovers and some beautiful knives shared by everyone, plan to be a supporting member soon enough ::tu::
Loving my 43 at the moment !

image.jpeg

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:12 pm

Welcome to AAPK. Do you belong to Australian Blade Forums? I post over there once in a blue moon. Same screen name.
Attachments
AAPK Welcome Sign - New+.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

TravisB

Postby TravisB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:23 pm

jerryd6818 wrote:Welcome to AAPK. Do you belong to Australian Blade Forums? I post over there once in a blue moon. Same screen name.

Thank you Jerry ::tu::
Yes I'm on Abf also ::tu::
Might see ya there sometime :wink: ::handshake::

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Maybe. Great bunch of guys over there. There's nothing wrong with "dual citizenship" :lol:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Welcome Travis. Good looking 43 which is a great knife, but, do you have any others ? You do need a few GEC's. Some of us (not me of course) have a few GEC's, like 50, or 75, you know, a few. Over 100 is a "lotta" GEC's.
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”