My 2 cents for the Ez- Opens

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

My 2 cents for the Ez- Opens

Post by Railsplitter »

I just noticed this new GEC forum and thought I would put in my 2 cents for the Ez-Opens. I have two of the Tidioutes and they are very well made knives. A great little utility knife and you just gotta love that sheepsfoot blade.
Glad to see this new forum!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
gcrinnion

Re: My 2 cents for the Ez- Opens

Post by gcrinnion »

cocoboloEOsm.JPG
cocoboloEOsm.JPG (31.34 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
My name is George

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change -
Buddha

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible"
- Matthew 19:26
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

I'd get a LOT more excited about those knives if they had a nicely proportioned "spear" blade and a stout pen blade like the jack knives of yesteryear.

I'm carrying and using a big ol trapper and LOVE the quality of the knife. I just wish they had something a bit more 'retro'
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
keithw

Post by keithw »

I really like the sheepsfoot blade. I bought one with bocote handles, planning to add it to the EDC rotation. But I can't bring myself to carry it because its so nice looking!
Keith
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
-- Mike Tyson
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Owd Wullie wrote:I'd get a LOT more excited about those knives if they had a nicely proportioned "spear" blade and a stout pen blade like the jack knives of yesteryear.

I'm carrying and using a big ol trapper and LOVE the quality of the knife. I just wish they had something a bit more 'retro'
I've got one in stag with a spear blade, can't decide to carry or not.
they have a barlow with two blades.
happy hunting ::paranoid::
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

These are the two that I have. They have been in my EDC rotation for about three months.
I bought the red bone first and then I just had to have the orange bone.
The sheepsfoot blade serves me well for the cutting chores that I normally encounter and the straight edge is easy to sharpen.
Nice little knives. Small, but the handle is fatter than most 3 inch knives providing a good grip for a knife this size.
And built like a tank.
Attachments
IMG_0207.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Jody744 wrote:
Owd Wullie wrote:I'd get a LOT more excited about those knives if they had a nicely proportioned "spear" blade and a stout pen blade like the jack knives of yesteryear.

I've got one in stag with a spear blade, can't decide to carry or not.
they have a barlow with two blades.
happy hunting ::paranoid::
Been huntin'. No luck. Those stag handled darlins are absolutely AWESOME. However, I can buy 2 or three old original jack knives that have a lot of use left in 'em for that kind of money. Not knockin their product by any means. They build quality knives, as a matter of fact there are probably no factory knives any better anywhere on the planet.

Appears to me that the "collector" market is driving the production. Case fell into that trap. Sure, they made lots of money and made lots of knives that will never get out of a box. A lot of those knives wouldn't be much count if they did get out of the box.

I guess I'm one of the odd ones. I could care less if my knife has serial number or is one of however many they decided to make look alike. I like stag handles, but for a good using knife, I'd be happy with bone or decent wood. I understand that I am not the kind of buyer that keeps their doors open. I also wear a wristwatch that does NOT use batteries. I'm hopeless I guess. :P

Guess, I'll have to keep an eye for one that somebody else wore the new off of, and maybe then I can justify messing up such a beautiful knife by letting it rattle around in a pocket. :wink:
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”