#92 Eureka

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: #92 Eureka

Post by kootenay joe »

Mark do you mean that you have heard from CK that your camel bone knife is being shipped ? I think reservations closed 1-2 weeks ago ?
Anyone know when the Camels will arrive at the various dealers ? I just checked them all. None so far.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:Mark do you mean that you have heard from CK that your camel bone knife is being shipped ? I think reservations closed 1-2 weeks ago ?
Anyone know when the Camels will arrive at the various dealers ? I just checked them all. None so far.
kj

The email said that GEC released a small batch that will ship on 10/07 and they were allocating these so people wouldn’t be left hanging. I guess GEC is closed next week so there is a gap between this small batch and another bigger batch coming. This was an early reserve situation. I guess I was fortunate enough to get in early so I have paid for mine and it will be shipped when they get these. Sounds like a slow rollout that will keep us all checking our emails often for awhile.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

O.K. good to know i can relax my vigilance for a few days. I do think these will be quickly snapped up. I would of liked to see a single blade version. Maybe coming as a Northwoods ??
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:Mark do you mean that you have heard from CK that your camel bone knife is being shipped ? I think reservations closed 1-2 weeks ago ?
kj

The email said that GEC released a small batch that will ship on 10/07 and they were allocating these so people wouldn’t be left hanging. I guess GEC is closed next week so there is a gap between this small batch and another bigger batch coming. This was an early reserve situation. I guess I was fortunate enough to get in early so I have paid for mine and it will be shipped when they get these. Sounds like a slow rollout that will keep us all checking our emails often for awhile.
I just received an email notice from KniveShipFree . I was about 14 minutes too late. They flew quickly. Mr. Frank is picking out a nice one for me when they arrive. I got skunked on my #29 snakewood pre-order. I like this knife better. I will be happy and thankful.
Onearmbladejunkie

Looks like GEC got off the first batch before the yearly factory shut down. KnivesShipFree sold out in minutes. Keep on a look out , a few more GEC dealers should be offering some more soon.
A72E99FF-ED0B-46B2-A5C7-4EB15B54B0C2.jpeg.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

s249847959340461643_p1215_i2_w640.jpg
s249847959340461643_p1212_i1_w640.jpg
s249847959340461643_p1213_i1_w640.jpg
s249847959340461643_p1214_i1_w640.jpg
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

calico jigged bone Eurekas available right now at TSA Knives. 100pc sfo, still in stock as of 2:15 cst Wednesday
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Got a little behind on posting here. Got these two Camel bones today and already had the Elderberry bone ones. Love this pattern.
Attachments
IMG_1297.jpeg
IMG_1298.jpeg
IMG_1299.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

I like it—back ups :lol:
Lloyd
Onearmbladejunkie

IMG_0079.jpg
IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I just checked all the GEC dealers. Not one of these smooth bone #92's to be found that is available. A few are posted sold last week. Where are the rest of these knives ?
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Look for drops probably this week or next week for sure. I’m just guessing from Mike Latham’s email two weeks ago.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:04 am I just checked all the GEC dealers. Not one of these smooth bone #92's to be found that is available. A few are posted sold last week. Where are the rest of these knives ?
kj
Roland, a few at each dealer dropped week before last and then GEC went on a one week Fall vacation. The rest should be showing up at the dealers anytime now, they were shipped out early this week. I got one from the first drop, beautiful knife, one of my favorite patterns from GEC.
Attachments
IMG_0903.jpg
IMG_0898.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Just heard from Mike at CK. He said the manufacturer was closed last week and they are 4 people short this week so it’s been delayed by a few. Take heart there are more coming.
I wonder if the closing of the plant is because of the opening of dear season? I don’t hunt so I don’t keep track of when the seasons open.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Eureka x 2
kj
Attachments
IMGP7684.JPG
Onearmbladejunkie

DLT Trading had a batch for sale today. I tried to buy one. My screen went dark and the knife was gone. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I'll just keep trying !
71675308_10156302495575684_6783157011530907648_n.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

My invoice came in on Sunday and my #92 Eureka Jack Antique Goldenrod camel bone knife will be in my hand soon.
Onearmbladejunkie

100 knives on the way to Europe !
87993453233666.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I am still hoping to score a Camel 92. I hope more show up at the dealers. So far releases seem to have been in small lots of 10-20 knives. I cannot recall any other release being such a 'trickle'. I wonder if some 'issue' was discovered that required some additional attention ?
Or, a purposefully very slow release to try to thwart the ebay flippers ?
Whatever, i am still camel hunting.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

GP Knives just got some, hurry, hurry.
Onearmbladejunkie

I just bought my second #92 Eureka Jack antique goldenrod knife, just now. The three left
were so beautiful I could hardly choose. As soon as I closed out on Pay-pal , all three were gone. I got this one by the skin of my teeth.
GEC-N922219-AGCB-29.jpg
922219-Antique-Goldenrod-Camel-Bone.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Mark. I did not see your 'heads up' regarding GP knives until hours too late. Still am not seeing any dealers posting available Camel 92's, or even recently received and now sold ones except for GP knives yesterday.
This is the strangest GEC release ever. Were there only a relatively small number of these made and so this is it ? Or does GEC still have a few hundred to ship ? and if so, why the hold up ?
So far the only way to get one has been to be on your computer or 'device' when an email notification comes in and you can get to that dealer's site within about 60 seconds. I have been working outside so do not see these notifications until hours old.
Are there more coming ?
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I think these last ones will be the last of the Camel. Just from the emails from dealers it sounds that way.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

O.K., but these 'last ones' still do not seem to have shown up which seems odd as the first ones were sent out over 2 weeks ago.
kj
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:10 pm O.K., but these 'last ones' still do not seem to have shown up which seems odd as the first ones were sent out over 2 weeks ago.
kj
I am not positive, so don't hang me if i am wrong. But i think i read on a dealers website that GEC would be closed for a while and not sending out any stock.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”