Looking for parts for a Leatherman supertool

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
JonasEverson

Looking for parts for a Leatherman supertool

Post by JonasEverson »

I found this old and beaten down supertool laying in the mud one day, and I JUST HAPPENED to notice that almost all of the tools are broken beyond use. I managed to take it apart to clean and repair. Does anyone have any parts that would fit it, or know where I should go to look for them?
Attachments
IMG_20220927_081252928.jpg
Live free or die
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Looking for parts for a Leatherman supertool

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Have you tried contracting Leatherman? That's the first place that comes to my mind. ::doh::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:37 pm Have you tried contracting Leatherman? That's the first place that comes to my mind. ::doh::

Ken
They probably won't stock parts for it, instead giving you a newer model.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I have one that's got a little wear (before me, I doubt it had been used), but damaged cutters as I cut something that was apparently spring steel. Would that work, or is too much?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

cody6268 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:03 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:37 pm Have you tried contracting Leatherman? That's the first place that comes to my mind. ::doh::

Ken
They probably won't stock parts for it, instead giving you a newer model.
Maybe, maybe not. Might give you a free replacement too. Only one way to find out.
Looks like a pretty good warranty to me https://www.leatherman.com/customerserv ... ranty.html. Worst that can happen is tell you no.

Of course, if you just want to try it yourself, then go for it.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
JonasEverson

Post by JonasEverson »

I also thought about contacting Leatherman, but when I looked into the warranty, I found that it only lasts 25 years, and since I found this one, and don't have any receipts or even any idea how old it is, I can't ask for a warranty. Also it is kinda cool having an old one that's not made anymore, so I won't try to turn it in for a new one.
Live free or die
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

JonasEverson wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:23 pm I found this old and beaten down supertool laying in the mud one day, and I JUST HAPPENED to notice that almost all of the tools are broken beyond use. I managed to take it apart to clean and repair. Does anyone have any parts that would fit it, or know where I should go to look for them?
Another approach might be to just buy one in the weekly ebay auction of TSA confiscated knives. They have a bunch of leathermen every week. Here's a link to one going right now, and its up to the princely sum of 99 cents, but I suspect it will go a little bit higher. At least it shouldn't be hard to find a used one for the parts that you need.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394257939663?h ... Sw-hJjL-r6
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”