Removable bail needed for Robeson utility camp knife 642214

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Removable bail needed for Robeson utility camp knife 642214

Post by Gone2Three »

Howdy friends,
I'm in the hunt for a removable bail to replace one that was missing off a Robeson knife I acquired.
The Picture below with bail is for reference... appreciate any help, and thanks ::handshake::

Randy
Attachments
20220905_145728.jpg
rea1eye

Re: Removable bail needed for Robeson utility camp knife 642214

Post by rea1eye »

Maybe they can help.

https://www.collectorknives.net/shop/ac ... yard-hole/

Bob

NOT affiliated or have any connection with above site. Looked at it when I needed
a bail.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

rea1eye wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:36 pm Maybe they can help.

https://www.collectorknives.net/shop/ac ... yard-hole/

Bob

NOT affiliated or have any connection with above site. Looked at it when I needed
a bail.
Appreciate the link Bob, I'll give it a look and see if this will work ::handshake::

Randy
just bob

Post by just bob »

I may have one of these. There are several different sizes of them. The postage on this would be $4 and I assume that would be the case anywhere you went. Can't be shipped in an envelope due to sorting machines. I found a picture of a knife with the same pattern as yours and will post it in case anyone might have an old one laying around. This is from one of Steve's eBay auctions. Your best bet might be to try and find one locally at a yard sale or flea market. Many Colonial and Imperial knives had this type of bail, and they should be cheap.
Attachments
c1.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

just bob wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:18 pm I may have one of these. There are several different sizes of them. The postage on this would be $4 and I assume that would be the case anywhere you went. Can't be shipped in an envelope due to sorting machines. I found a picture of a knife with the same pattern as yours and will post it in case anyone might have an old one laying around. This is from one of Steve's eBay auctions. Your best bet might be to try and find one locally at a yard sale or flea market. Many Colonial and Imperial knives had this type of bail, and they should be cheap.
Yep, that's it!
::hmm:: might consider the alternative purchase of a colonial or imperial equivalent, but would happily pay for the bail plus shipping from y'a if you had one.
The link provided prior equates to roughly 7 bucks plus taxes shipped... so might come out close to the same $ more or less, but I would prefer one if possible off a donor knife ::handshake::
Randy
just bob

Post by just bob »

I'm sure I can get you going with a bail. I'll send you a pm with pics in a few days. In the meantime, continue to look and I'll monitor this thread.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

just bob wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:02 am I'm sure I can get you going with a bail. I'll send you a pm with pics in a few days. In the meantime, continue to look and I'll monitor this thread.
::tu::

Randy
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

just bob wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:02 am I'm sure I can get you going with a bail. I'll send you a pm with pics in a few days. In the meantime, continue to look and I'll monitor this thread.
Just wanted to say Thanks for helping me out here Bob, here are a few pictures of the replacement bail on the knife
::handshake:: Randy
Attachments
20220915_184037.jpg
20220915_184030.jpg
20220915_184019.jpg
20220915_184014.jpg

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”