Need original mark side bone covers for a Camillus 72

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
#goldpan

Need original mark side bone covers for a Camillus 72

Post by #goldpan »

I just received this first generation 72. Both covers are cracked and need replacement. I thought I had a pair but they both turned out to be for the pile side. If any has a mark side cover I’m willing to buy or trade for it.
Attachments
5E605844-FA1A-411C-BE00-360306D78C2B.jpeg
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need original mark side bone covers for a Camillus 72

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

#goldpan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:06 pm I just received this first generation 72. Both covers are cracked and need replacement. I thought I had a pair but they both turned out to be for the pile side. If any has a mark side cover I’m willing to buy or trade for it.
That can be repaired with Acraglas.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=57370&hilit=Acraglas
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
#goldpan

Re: Need original mark side bone covers for a Camillus 72

Post by #goldpan »

That’s good stuff but my problem is a thin layer of verdigris underneath the bone. I’ve never encountered this before. But the covers need to come off and be replaced. I have had great success with zap a crack for tight cracks and that’s the way I would go if it weren’t for the corrosion under the covers. Great link thanks for sharing. I have other knives I would like to try accaglass on after reading the link you provided.

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”