Abrasive Belt and Disk Cleaners for sale / trade

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Abrasive Belt and Disk Cleaners for sale / trade

Post by orvet »

Abrasive Disc & Belt Cleaning Bar

BRAND: Nu Life Abrasive Belt Cleaner.
SIZE: 8" X 1-5/8" X 1-1/2"

What Is This Product Is Used for? (Most of you know the answer but there may be a few people here who don't know yet).
This product is made to extend the life of your abrasive belts, abrasive discs and abrasive drums sanders. It's always very frustrating to me to have a new 36 grit ceramic belt on my sander, ($5 to $15, depending on the size of the belt), and to have it load up because I wanted to quickly cut down a piece of Cocobolo for a handle. Not bothering to even realize that it was a ceramic belt instead of a aluminum oxide belt I had used the Cocobolo on! So, now my new belt is filled with oily Cocobolo wood which has likes to burn, becoming even more difficult to remove from the belt. This abrasive cleaning bar works better in that given scenario than any other abrasive cleaning bar I have used.

I ran across a partial box of these abrasive belt cleaners at an estate sale. I have about 14 or 15 of these that I will sell and then there will not be any more of them, at least not at this price. I just wanted to pass this deal along to some of you guys here on the forum that I like to play with sharp things also. If you are new to repairing knives and using a belt sander, you'll find that using an abrasive belt cleaner will help the belt to cut quicker, keep the material cooler and greatly extend the life of your sanding belts and discs.
I usually pay somewhere near $10- $12 apiece for most abrasive cleaning bars of similar size. Most are not as good as this brand, in my opinion, other cleaners are softer and don't clean as well, in my opinion. This brand is still in business as Nu Life Abrasive Cleaner and they are still being made in Connecticut. Their price for a single bar of Nu Life Abrasive Cleaner is currently $12.75, per their website.
These bars weigh about 11 - 12 ounces so by the time you Get them in a box and ready to ship they're going to be closer 14 ounces. To ship that first class via USPS ground will be $9.35, while a small flat rate box is only $8.30.

So, if some of you guys wish to get some of these abrasive cleaning bars, send me a PM and I will send you an invoice through PayPal or you can pay by check or money order. I would be willing to trade also if you have fixed blade knives that I can rehandle, or US made Schrade or Camillus parts or knives, if they're ones I have a use for.
If interested, please send me a PM (private message), And we can figure out what works for both of us.
Attachments
Abrasive Belt Cleaners a.jpg
Abrasive Belt Cleaners b.jpg
Abrasive Belt Cleaners c.jpg
New 80 grit yellow aluminum oxide after it has sanded some ebony wood.
New 80 grit yellow aluminum oxide after it has sanded some ebony wood.
This is the same belt a few moments later after running the abrasive belt cleaner bar over about half of the blade.
This is the same belt a few moments later after running the abrasive belt cleaner bar over about half of the blade.
Abrasive Belt Cleaners f.jpg
Abrasive Belt Cleaners g.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”