Need a 5mm dagger grind blade built for an auto!

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Need a 5mm dagger grind blade built for an auto!

Post by Madmarco »

Hi Guys! I hope this is the correct thread to post this in, but if not, my apologies, and would someone kindly direct me to the proper thread! I purchased an expensive John Nowill & Sons conversion automatic knife from a seller in the US, and because it was coming to Canada it had to be sent in 2 packages, 1 with the body, and 1 with the blade and screw and barrel pivot. It appears the package containing the blade has been lost in the US mail, so, I need to have one built so I'm not sitting on a $610. paperweight! It needs to be 5mm thick, with recesses cut around the pivot hole to accommodate roller-bearing washers, and with a dagger grind. If anyone knows who might be able to do this for me, please leave me a PM or email, or, just reply to this post. I've included some pics so you have an idea what kind of knife is involved! Thanks guys! Mark! 8)
WIN_20201101_15_30_10_Pro.jpg
The front!
WIN_20201101_15_30_20_Pro.jpg
The channel side!
WIN_20201101_15_30_29_Pro.jpg
The back!
WIN_20201101_15_30_50_Pro.jpg
The 5mm back spring!
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need a 5mm dagger grind blade built for an auto!

Post by Madmarco »

I have found someone to build my blade for me, so the above post can be ignored! Thanks to everyone who looked! 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That's a great looking handle, Mark! I hope the original blade turns up for you. ::tu:: But regardless you'll have to post some pictures of the completed knife.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks John! ::handshake:: I've commissioned Muskrat Man to build the blade for me, cuz the original was mailed Aug.29th/2020 and it still hasn't arrived, and I doubt it ever will at this point. ::facepalm:: I'll post pics when it's completed! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This is kindda strange! ::hmm:: I made the original post asking to have a blade built for my knife on November 1st./2020, and now on November 1st./2021 exactly 1 year to the day later I can post pictures of my completed knife. A huge "THANK YOU" to Kaleb "Muskratman" Reynolds ::handshake:: for the very professional job and above and beyond Customer Service! If you enlarge the picture you can see part of Kaleb's "M/M" stamp on the tang! 8)
WIN_20211101_13_26_57_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211101_13_26_28_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

That's a keeper in my book!!!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:58 pm That's a keeper in my book!!!
I can always count on you Sam for your most encouraging comments, thank you! ::handshake:: Check out "Some of my autos" to see the other knife I got back today! 8)
8)

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”