Kissing crane piece needed

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
GClaxon

Kissing crane piece needed

Post by GClaxon »

Looking for the locking spring for this 4 inch lockback. The one on the end of the knife
image.jpg
image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Kissing crane piece needed

Post by muskrat man »

These are easily made and installed. I just did one a week or two back. I can supply a piece of spring steel the correct width, you'll just need to bend it and trim it to length. Or you can send me the knife and I'll fix it.
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives
GClaxon

Post by GClaxon »

I'll get with ya muskratman
just bob

Post by just bob »

When you get this knife apart you will find that the tail pc. is actually carbon fiber or some kind of hard rubber. Those 2 pins work together to keep the tension bar in place. Over time the synthetic material develops slop and the tension bar comes out. I had a small pc. of n/s and used the old tail pc as template and got this back together. Doubtful you can reuse the original tail pc. But maybe Kaleb can work his magic.
Attachments
a 1.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”