Buck of the month

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Buck of the month

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Anyone else in the Buck of the month club? I just joined a few days ago and bought the knife they just offered today. Looking forward to these offers.
Does anyone have an opinion on these offerings? Do you like them or just look at the offers and move on?
Thanks
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
eveled

Re: Buck of the month

Post by eveled »

I look forward to seeing what it is every month. But only one was worth it to me.

They usually seem overpriced for what they are.

Its a good marketing gimick.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I like the BOTM offerings but I rarely buy one. I own 4 BOTM's but I only bought 1 of them when it was released. I bought the other 3 on the secondary market.

I like this month's offering but I'm passing once again because I like the standard 112 Sport better.

These are the 4 BOTM's that I own.
IMG_6395.JPG
IMG_6261.JPG
Top knife.
IMG_6185.JPG
Attachments
IMG_6242.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
eveled

Post by eveled »

Its hard to believe its been going on so long! Time flies.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Rick, I saw that online and that’s what got me interested in this. Saw several in there that I would have liked to have purchased. Better late than never.
I read that they are charging the full retail and not the Minimum Agreed Price, which is the dealer prices. They are doing this to not take away from their retailers. I like that. I don’t like companies that cut out their sales people and distributors by going direct on sales with a price that is as low or lower than the dealers are offering. So I don’t mind buying these directly, and yeah it’s a higher price but it’s a limited production run and this is the only way you can get these. I see that many of these sell out quickly and I have seen the flippers flipping them on eBay. All that adds up to a new brand to collect for me.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:53 am Thanks Rick, I saw that online and that’s what got me interested in this. Saw several in there that I would have liked to have purchased. Better late than never.
I read that they are charging the full retail and not the Minimum Agreed Price, which is the dealer prices. They are doing this to not take away from their retailers. I like that. I don’t like companies that cut out their sales people and distributors by going direct on sales with a price that is as low or lower than the dealers are offering. So I don’t mind buying these directly, and yeah it’s a higher price but it’s a limited production run and this is the only way you can get these. I see that many of these sell out quickly and I have seen the flippers flipping them on eBay. All that adds up to a new brand to collect for me.
Right on Mark! Have fun with it. The BOTM emails are always a pleasant surprise. It’s a really cool program. Can’t wait to see your collection in a couple years.
Rick T.

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Those 4 that you have are all really nice. I like the variety of handle materials. That one with the ace of spades really stands out.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:49 am Those 4 that you have are all really nice. I like the variety of handle materials. That one with the ace of spades really stands out.
Thanks, Mark. That picture was the only one I had handy of my December 2018 BOTM. I didn't want to post the "non Buck knife" but I didn't want to dig out the Buck for a picture either.

Thanks for the compliment. I do like that ace of spades knife a lot. It was re-handled by one of the most determined people I've ever known. He had to make the "shield" from scratch with no template to go by. After his second attempt, I asked him to abort the mission but he pleaded with me to let him try again. Third time was a charm. I have a great deal of respect for the gentleman because I was ready to give up but he wanted to make sure I got what i wanted. It was a fun project.
Rick T.

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I don't know anything about it. Does the offers come to you in an email or by some other means?
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:03 pm I don't know anything about it. Does the offers come to you in an email or by some other means?
Email but you don't have to receive the email to buy one. The email just lets you know that it's available for purchase on the Buck website.
https://www.buckknives.com/product/sept ... KS1BOTM-B/
Rick T.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 pm Anyone else in the Buck of the month club? I just joined a few days ago and bought the knife they just offered today. Looking forward to these offers.
Does anyone have an opinion on these offerings? Do you like them or just look at the offers and move on?
Thanks
Mark, please tell me that you ordered this month’s offering. It’s a gorgeous knife.

I’m going to pass once again but only because I have two 112’s that are too much like it. If that wasn’t the case, I would have already ordered one.

I hope you decide to get one. Not to be an enabler or anything like that. :mrgreen:
Rick T.

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Railsplitter wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:02 pm
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 pm Anyone else in the Buck of the month club? I just joined a few days ago and bought the knife they just offered today. Looking forward to these offers.
Thanks
Mark, please tell me that you ordered this month’s offering. It’s a gorgeous knife.

I’m going to pass once again but only because I have two 112’s that are too much like it. If that wasn’t the case, I would have already ordered one.

I hope you decide to get one. Not to be an enabler or anything like that. :mrgreen:
Thanks Rick, I saw you post and went in to look at the BOM and yes I did order it. Been under the weather since last Friday. I’ve had the flu and it’s hit me hard, very hard. Had to skip a scheduled surgery because of it. Thanks for alerting me to it. I look forward to this one.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:22 pm
Thanks Rick, I saw you post and went in to look at the BOM and yes I did order it. Been under the weather since last Friday. I’ve had the flu and it’s hit me hard, very hard. Had to skip a scheduled surgery because of it. Thanks for alerting me to it. I look forward to this one.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that, Mark. I hope you get to feeling better very soon and that you can also have the surgery soon. Sincerest best wishes, my friend.
Rick T.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I got the email today at 1:58pm. At 5:52pm there were 100 left out of 750. I suspect these will sell out tonight if they haven't already.
Rick T.

Jeepergeo

Post by Jeepergeo »

The Buck of the Month program has produced some pretty nice knives. These days, even with BOTM production up to 750 from 250, they sell out fast, usually in a day.

I've jumped on maybe 6 over the last two years, and all but one have been fine knives. A Stockman last year let me down in terms of fit and finish, though the others have all been spot on.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

This is this months BOM. A 112 with ebony handles and blade made of S30V steel. I bought it because it didn’t have brass bolsters. I don’t buy knives with brass bolsters with few exceptions. Every time I handle a Buck knife I am always amazed at how rock solid their knives feel in hand and how well built they are. At least the 110’s and 112’s I’ve handled.
Attachments
DF4E1328-0428-4D61-A788-D54D96BAB26A.jpeg
7FB7AB16-FFFA-4553-BFE9-EF397FB74DA7.jpeg
1F6678A5-3F78-4670-8411-C22465210E66.jpeg
91949A42-F9C4-4406-A69A-1A2FF7EDCF78.jpeg
7A31A7D7-AC60-4CD2-B6DA-EF70C2CDD567.jpeg
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

That is really nice, Mark.

I sat this one out because I have a December 2018 BOTM that has everything but the inlay and the tang stamp and I have a standard 50th Anniversary 112 that has everything but the Nickel Silver and the S30V. I have all of the things this knife has. They just aren't all on the same knife.

That was my justification for not getting one :roll: but now I realize how silly that was and I regret sitting this one out.

My wife most likely bought me something from Buck but I don't know what it is. There's a package in transit from Post Falls, Idaho and I didn't order anything from there. I guess it's possible that she bought me a December 2022 BOTM but the timing seems a little off for it to be that. Label created Friday but hasn't shipped yet.
Rick T.

MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

I receive the emails and snagged this one a couple of years ago…
472960F9-3834-4BFD-A75C-AAA55A50FFFD.jpeg
3816E44A-924C-4032-ABAC-E3DC9797F744.jpeg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:02 pm This is this months BOM. A 112 with ebony handles and blade made of S30V steel. I bought it because it didn’t have brass bolsters. I don’t buy knives with brass bolsters with few exceptions. Every time I handle a Buck knife I am always amazed at how rock solid their knives feel in hand and how well built they are. At least the 110’s and 112’s I’ve handled.
Mark, that certainly is a great looking knife ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Rick and David.
I really like that “ Home of the free” Buck, very classy the way that was done.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”