Did BUCK make a scout type multiblade?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Did BUCK make a scout type multiblade?

Post by Ridgegrass »

Saw a four blade, Scout-type, multiblade with a bale yesterday. It was a Craftsman but the handles were classic Buck black, saw-cut Delrin.
Wondered if Buck made it or ever made their own version. It was not a 300 series frame but more a cattle style pattern. Didn't buy it as it had a lazy main blade and didn't seem worth the $40 price. Thanks for any info. J.O'.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Did BUCK make a scout type multiblade?

Post by Railsplitter »

That sounds like one of the knives that Camillus made for Sears. Did it say WLS and 1927 on the blade?

To the best of my knowledge, the 1927 etch commemorates the year that Sears started selling Craftsman tools. The WLS etch stands for "Worlds Largest Store" and was later used as the call letters for the WLS radio station in Chicago which was started by Sears.

If it's the knife I'm thinking of, I believe the knife was manufactured by Camillus around 1975 or it might be a 50th anniversary knife from 1977.

I used to own one but I deleted my pics when I let it go. A quick search on AAPK led me right to my pics. If this is the model in question, It's not a Buck knife.
Attachments
WLS.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

I would maybe carry a scout type knife with a blade like that, don't care for the rounded blade on most.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

That's the one Rick, thanks. The shop was a bit dark and when I felt the main had very little walk/talk, I gave it back. Didn't notice any etch but it could have been there.
I kinda wanted it but not for $40 +tax in that shape. n thanks again. J/O'
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: Buck made a Swiss Army style knife a few years ago. I found one at a flea market and gave it to my Grandson. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Not in the US.

I think the first was the SwissBuck line, a large variety of what were essentially re-skinned Wengers. All the medium-size and up models had clip-point main blades, which sparingly were used by Wenger afterwards and originated

Buck had a budget line in the '90s called "UltraBlade"--some Japanese, some German, some rebranded US-made Colonials. Among them were Swiss Army clones, made in Germany. I have never seen an UltraBlade Scout based on the Colonial Forest Master--all were Stockmans, Peanuts, or Jacks. I have one based on the 4" Ranger Stockman, with scales repurposed from the Red Ryder line.

About 10-15 years ago, there was the Whittaker "X-Tract" line. These were Chinese-made, but were more or less multitool knives more than scout knives. Most featured slide-out pliers, but some had scissors.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”