Buck "flap" sheath

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Cbaker

Buck "flap" sheath

Post by Cbaker »

Has anybody thought about making exact copies of the vintage flap sheath for 103,105 etc? Buck currently only sells one for the 119. I would think there is a market here?
cody6268

Re: Buck "flap" sheath

Post by cody6268 »

Yes. I'd be interested. My '72-'74 105 was bought cheap without a sheath, and I bought Buck's current model. The wraparound strap is a pain in the rear to quickly release and not anywhere close to being easy to refasten.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

The old-style flap sheaths were magnificent- everything a sheath should be. The only thing that would make them better would be a good detachable dangler. The new sheaths are assinine pieces of spit. Loud rattly snap, no protection from loss, dirt and weather, difficulty to re-snap, ugly, etc. I hate them. Ruana still puts up their knives in the flap sheaths. If somebody engineered up an assembly line manufacture of the good ones (and danglers) it would be a hard work market to establish, but it could be done. I have been tempted to buy the stray used sheath I see on Ebay once in awhile. Good luck to anyone who tries it.
Cbaker

Post by Cbaker »

I've bought an older 103,105, and another 119 in great condition just because I prefer the older sheaths.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

With the price of leather and the price of labor, it would probably not be economically feasible.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”