Holding An Edge

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Holding An Edge

Post by KLJ77 »

I received my "Holding An Edge" 187 page hardback book today by Larry Oden. It's totally awesome, with tons of color photos. This book covers 60 years of Buck history with articles of various knives made over the years. For the Buck fan / collector, this is a great reference book.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
XX Case XX

Re: Holding An Edge

Post by XX Case XX »

Although I'm a big fan of WR Case & Sons, Buck is still right up there among my favorites. Thanks for letting us know, I'll have to check that out. ::nod:: I always did like their slogan: "Famous for holding an Edge".

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Thanks much for the review! Looks like a great book.
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I bought a copy a few weeks ago and I will echo what LJ has to say - great book, great info. I've already used the 700 series and 300 series sections to more exactly pin down several of my Buck Knives. Highly recommend. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Got my book today. Awesome book! Worth every dime. ::tu::
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”