Buck 081 Fixed Hunter

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
joesskankshack

Buck 081 Fixed Hunter

Post by joesskankshack »

Can anyone tell me about this knife? It appears to be a 081 fixed hunter; however, I cannot find anything out about it online. All I see is the 101 fixed hunter.
Attachments
IMG_3188.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG
IMG_6178.JPG
IMG_6532.JPG
alabama

Re: Buck 081 Fixed Hunter

Post by alabama »

that is a serial number-not a pattern number.
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

That's a great looking knife. I'm a huge 110 fan and one of those is on my short list of knife purchases.
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
joesskankshack

Post by joesskankshack »

alabama wrote:that is a serial number-not a pattern number.
Gotcha. Do all 101 have serial numbers?
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

That looks like the style of serial number used on the Copper & Clad SFO Bucks. C&C numbers the first 100, then no serial number after that. Buck Knives doesn't serial number standard issue knives, and it's spotty on Custom Shop knives. Pretty sure none of my SK Blades SFO Bucks have serial numbers - my "educated guess" is a C&C Buck 101. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
joesskankshack

Post by joesskankshack »

Old Hunter wrote:That looks like the style of serial number used on the Copper & Clad SFO Bucks. C&C numbers the first 100, then no serial number after that. Buck Knives doesn't serial number standard issue knives, and it's spotty on Custom Shop knives. Pretty sure none of my SK Blades SFO Bucks have serial numbers - my "educated guess" is a C&C Buck 101. OH
Does that lead to any extra value to that?
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I think that is still currently offered by C&C, you should be able to check their website and see what they’re going for. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
joesskankshack

Post by joesskankshack »

Old Hunter wrote:I think that is still currently offered by C&C, you should be able to check their website and see what they’re going for. OH
I see one that is similar, but the handle is different. I was able to find one on eBay that seemed to be the same, which gave me a price point.
Thanks for the help

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”