Greetings, Everyone...New Guy Here

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Old Hunter

Re: Greetings, Everyone...New Guy Here

Post by Old Hunter »

Last I heard Joe Houser was heading up the Buck Knives anti-counterfeit effort. He would at least know who to direct you to at Buck Knives. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Old Hunter wrote:Last I heard Joe Houser was heading up the Buck Knives anti-counterfeit effort. He would at least know who to direct you to at Buck Knives. OH
Thanks, OH, for the insight. Yeah, if anyone would know, it would be Joe. I believe Mr. Ledgerton is also the curator for the Buck museum.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
OleBuck

Post by OleBuck »

Old Hunter wrote:Last I heard Joe Houser was heading up the Buck Knives anti-counterfeit effort. He would at least know who to direct you to at Buck Knives. OH
The baton for the anti-counterfit effort has been passed from Joe Houser to Tony Wagner twagner@buck knives.com
Joe Houser is still the historian but I think he is concentrating his efforts on customs now.
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

I stumble into this thread / post ax-e-dent- lee and felt compelled to join in and say WELCOME TO A WILD,WHACKY AND INFORMATIVE WORLD OF
KNIVES AND STUFF.Enjoy your time out here as 99.9% of the time you can get your questions answered pretty quickly and sometimes correctly.LOL
Have a Knife Day...wayne
Bucksway

Post by Bucksway »

It's a great place here for Bucks! I've learned a lot feel free to ask anything..I collect rare,odd,1of1 service award advertising 112's. Since you like Bucks consider joining the BCCI if for no other reason than to have access to the vast body of knowledge on the web site. Welcome!!
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

WAYNED wrote:I stumble into this thread / post ax-e-dent- lee and felt compelled to join in and say WELCOME TO A WILD,WHACKY AND INFORMATIVE WORLD OF
KNIVES AND STUFF.Enjoy your time out here as 99.9% of the time you can get your questions answered pretty quickly and sometimes correctly.LOL
Have a Knife Day...wayne
Thanks, Wayne for the welcome...I appreciate it. There's a huge bunch of GREAT guys & gals here, I've discovered by just reading and perusing threads.

LJ
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Bucksway wrote:It's a great place here for Bucks! I've learned a lot feel free to ask anything..I collect rare,odd,1of1 service award advertising 112's. Since you like Bucks consider joining the BCCI if for no other reason than to have access to the vast body of knowledge on the web site. Welcome!!
I agree 100%, Bucksway. ::tu:: Huge knowledge base throughout this forum on just about any knife imaginable.

I've been a BCCI member since last year. It's a GREAT site to look up info on just about any Buck knife there is. Thanks for the welcome.

LJ
LJ

Bucksway

Post by Bucksway »

I forgot to mention that the BCCI electronic membership is only $10.00 a year and is absolutely the best deal in the world of knives period! The BCCI Website contains a vast amount of information but my favorite part is the Special project lists and 20 plus years of the newsletter..

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”