Buck Vantage 345

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
jr in va

Buck Vantage 345

Post by jr in va »

I have a couple of these and two 340s.They don't seem to get as much press as I feel they deserve.Kershaws and Spyderco seem to be well liked but not many talk about their standard Vantage.
For me,it's been a good tough blade folder that I can access and deploy with one hand and return it the same way.I carry mine on the farm and like the robust feel of the blade.Also like the 340 if I'm going somewhere that blade length could be a problem.
Don't get me wrong,I have a Leek and a couple skylines which do fit well and more discreetly but,to me, the Vantage looks like it would be tougher.With Buck Bos heat treat,the 420HC is in another class above the usual low priced knives.Made in USA,too.
colin.p

Re: Buck Vantage 345

Post by colin.p »

I agree. I have both the small and large Vantage Select. Even though the small doesn't see too much daylight anymore, I do have the large in my EDC rotation.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”