customised Buck 112 Ranger

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Legend

customised Buck 112 Ranger

Post by Legend »

Hello All
As I live in the UK I only have access to the standard Buck lockbacks . I personally like the feel of the 112 Ranger ,but in my opinion such an iconic US made knife should be customised , so I would really like one that has been customised to some degree , ie with an S30V Blade , nice Antler scales or something similar in a nice Brown distressed leather pouch . Is there anyone on this forum who customises and posts to the UK ?
Thanks All .
Mike
kossetx

Re: customised Buck 112 Ranger

Post by kossetx »

Will buck not send to the uk?

If not I may be willing to help, but not with stag. Here is a pic of one of mine.
Attachments
image.jpg
Where Bob Wills is still the King...
kossetx

Post by kossetx »

Well, I guess you didn't think much of my knife so I withdraw my offer.
Where Bob Wills is still the King...
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

kossetx wrote:Will buck not send to the uk?

If not I may be willing to help, but not with stag. Here is a pic of one of mine.
That is a great looking Buck. What is the wood?
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Yeah Koss, tell us the story behind your Buck - it looks great. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Legend

Post by Legend »

Sorry kossetx , I have had a load of things happening in my life recently and have not visited AAPK so please don't take offence . Yes I actually do like your customised Buck , colour of new scales, fit etc ,I eventually sent for and received a Buck 112 at a half reasonable price from a UK company( was on special ) . Must admit I really like it and am reluctant to remove the standard scales as they are solid , but I have also bought a Buck 113 Ranger Skinner from someone as new and am thinking of removing the scales from both knives and having a go at replacing them with some nice eucalyptus burl wood I have . Any tips will be welcome as to best way of doing this .
Thanks
Mike
Legend

Post by Legend »

Also answer to your question regarding asking Buck Knives , it was going to cost me far too much money plus custom charges to get one sent from a company in the US .
thanks
Mike

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”