More excitement from Buck for 2018

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
AR Norby

Re: More excitement from Buck for 2018

Post by AR Norby »

313 Mike wrote:The thing that has always kept me from carrying a Buck lockback is the position of the lock being so far back on the handle. It just makes it too unwieldy to close one handed. If it had a mid lock, one hand closing would be much quicker and simpler. I am fine with using two hands to open the knife, but having to use two hands to close it doesn't work for me.
i guess it's what you are used to. The first lock backs I ever owned were a Buck 112 and a Puma Game Warden so their style of lock back seems natural. Mid locks seem harder to unlock.
Perception is Reality
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

No love for the 110 Auto Elite? Th S30V steel and G10 scales seem to be the hot ticket. This knife should hold its edge through skinning at least three deer before taking it to your Spyderco Tri-angle "Sharpmaker".

This is the Buck 110 for the 21st century.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I'm probably going to buy the S30V Buck Pro Hunter (non-auto). I expect the steel to perform at least as good as 440C or 425 MOD, both of which I can clean (skin and rough butcher) three deer without touching up - of course I am careful of my edge while working around bone. Cannot say that for the 420HC, about one is the limit with some mild touching up. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Okamoto

Post by Okamoto »

I got something interesting to spend my valuable time.
Okamoto

Post by Okamoto »

Okamoto wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:02 am I got something interesting to spend my valuable time.
Finally, I got something interesting to spend my valuable time. I have searched many sites but couldn't find exciting stuff except yours and found https://edubirdie.org/ topic for this topic. Your writing skills are outstanding. If you keep going with this quality for work you will obtain success.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I’ve been eyeing those 110LT s30v models. I may have to put that in Mrs. Clause’s list for Christmas.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Colonel26 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:12 pm I’ve been eyeing those 110LT s30v models. I may have to put that in Mrs. Clause’s list for Christmas.
Well, I'm confused. I went and looked for that 110LT s30V model and there are about forty eleven different models wearing that badge. What the hey am I looking for?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:30 pm
Colonel26 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:12 pm I’ve been eyeing those 110LT s30v models. I may have to put that in Mrs. Clause’s list for Christmas.
Well, I'm confused. I went and looked for that 110LT s30V model and there are about forty eleven different models wearing that badge. What the hey am I looking for?
I think those with the G-10 handles are the only ones that have S30V steel.

Of course, from a cost standpoint, I'd love to see plastic-handle 110LTs that use all the steels Buck has used; from regular runs to special; just for those that like to try out different steels. Sorta like a Buck version of the Spyderco Mule. I have the Shield and am thinking about getting the Smokejumper that use the CPM-154 steel. So far, that is the only steel I have seen that comes close to the 440C of old. It is actually slightly better in my use. The S30V Bucks are on the expensive side, and so far, I'm looking at the Spitfire in S30V; as it is the cheapest.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Yes there’s several LT models and I don’t know all the differences. There maybe other steel options out there.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”