Answer on 110 Hunter misshipment..

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Chayes

Answer on 110 Hunter misshipment..

Post by Chayes »

This is what I received back from the vendor in regards to the wrong item being shipped.

"The BOS S30V is an upgraded steel we use in some of our special projects from Buck. Its a harder steel that holds an edge longer but its also much harder to sharpen. In regards to the number on the reverse, this indicates it is part of the first production run (first 100 produced). We do this with all of our non limited edition projects from Buck. You are correct if it is a limited edition it will be 001/500 etc."

So, should I keep it? Would you?
Attachments
Upgraded steel 110 Hunter #60 of first 100.
Upgraded steel 110 Hunter #60 of first 100.
XX Case XX

Re: Answer on 110 Hunter misshipment..

Post by XX Case XX »

Yes & Yes unless the seller specifically requests that you return it.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Chayes

Post by Chayes »

I found this knife on Copper and Clad website. This is first production run of 100 individually numbered. I think that I'll keep it.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

We are in the golden age of Buck Knives - several specialty companies contract with Buck for limited runs (SFO's) of knife variations Buck will never produce in mass for their general catalog. What you have is a very desireable Buck 110 - drop point blade and S30V blade steel. I own one of the special run Folding Hunters (there are LOTS of them now to collect) - this Clip Point with D2 steel. Welcome to the Buck sub-forum at AAPK. OH
Attachments
Buck 110 D2 SFO.JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Chayes

Post by Chayes »

This is what I received back from Claude at Copper and Clad about the 110.

"Not a problem at all Chris. The s30v is an awesome steel and no way at all would I require you to send it back based on my knucklehead employee screwing up. Please enjoy and drop us a line if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks,
Claude"

I would have returned it had he asked so. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of my favorites in my growing collection.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

It's up to you, but if I were you, I would e-mail that guy and express your gratitude for his kind gesture. What he did is not seen very often in today's business oriented era. That's a class act on his part as he accepted responsibility on the part of his own employees mistake.

On top of that, he offered his assistance if you ever needed anything else in the future. This guy definitely knows how to conduct business.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Chayes

Post by Chayes »

I did reply with my thanks and I will be buying from him again. His webpage has some very attractive knives. I'll probably purchase the 110 Hunter with the anvil cutout that I initially ordered as I like the look. He is indeed a class act! In fact I've got his 110 in my hand now admiring it.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I think the price difference between a reg 110 and the S30V steel 110 is over $100. Indeed a real class act for seller to say you can keep it.
kj
kossetx

Post by kossetx »

If you build one out its only 13.00. Usually on special runs s30v is 30-35.00.
Where Bob Wills is still the King...

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”