Help with 110 Hunter.

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Chayes

Help with 110 Hunter.

Post by Chayes »

I recently ordered a 110 Hunter with burgundy Palestine handle and the anvil cutout on the blade as I liked the looks. What arrived was a 110 Hunter with burgundy paperstone handle drop point with no cutout. Instead on the right side next to the bolster is an acid etched left hand flame symbol with "BOS" next to it. Beneath that is "S30V". To make this more interesting the blade is also engraved with the number "060" with no end of run number. I contacted the vendor and got back an immediate prepaid shipping label but no explanation. Something tells me that this knife many be something special. Does anyone have any info on the markings before I decide whether too stand it back or keep it? Either the vendors very good at customer service or he wants this knife back quickly. Any thoughts after viewing the pic?
Attachments
1504635358481180526375.jpg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help with 110 Hunter.

Post by philco »

The "Bos" and the flame refer to Paul Bos who has made quite a name for himself with the heat treating processes he employs. Many credit him with being able to get the best out of a blade steel. The "S30V" refers to the type of blade steel used in that knife. It's supposedly some excellent blade steel and I'd assume with Paul Bos doing the heat treatment it might be even better.

I'll leave the rest to the real Buck knife experts who hang around AAPK.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
OleBuck

Re: Help with 110 Hunter.

Post by OleBuck »

I did not notice the question was already answered....

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”