Just back from repair and warranty.

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Just back from repair and warranty.

Post by Colonel26 »

I bought this 100 years Buck 112 in a pile of knives. A goodly portion of the tip was broke out of it, it was beat up, and no sheath. So off to Buck it went along with $10 and after about three weeks this is what arrived in the mail today along with a 25% off coupon!

While Bucks have never been my main squeeze, nobody beats the way Buck takes care of their customers. Nobody.

Now to get a sheath for it.
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
XX Case XX

Re: Just back from repair and warranty.

Post by XX Case XX »

That's fantastic. Good to hear that old fashioned customer service is still alive and well... ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Did they replace the blade or reshape it?

Bob
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

::ds:: Beautiful ::nod::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Cuz, they do treat their customers well. A few years ago, my good friend John gave a Buck 055 to me for my birthday. It didn't take me long to snap the tip off the blade while doing something stoopid. Dropped it in the mail along with the requisite $10 check. A few short weeks later it came back, as good as new. I put it up and haven't carried it since.

Bob, the $10 is the fee for replacing the blade.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!

Yes sir, they replaced the blade with a new one. All I had to do was print out the form, check off the things I wanted done, and include a check for the amount listed on the form. Presto chango and here it is.

Dogg, I thought you might like that one.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
supratentorial

Post by supratentorial »

Wow! Excellent service!
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

That makes me regret the $1 112 I left in a second hand store with the broken tip even more. Yeah, when I went back, it was gone.... ::facepalm::
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Once again Colonel you gut that right they did ya good she's a BEAUTY ::tu:: ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I'm sure it cost Buck more than $10 to do the work, pack it up and ship it back. Truly top customer service.
kj
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

kootenay joe wrote:I'm sure it cost Buck more than $10 to do the work, pack it up and ship it back. Truly top customer service.
kj
That's what I was thinking. It amazes me what they can do for the prices they charge. Great company.
Robert E. Lee
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

They may lose a buck or two on it (no pun intended) but how do you put a price on customer satisfaction and loyalty? And besides, that word of mouth is some of the best advertising you can get and it's free.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

They just got free advertising here.
Smart company!

Bob
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Buck is a hard company to beat. How many companies when you contact them with a problem have a senior Vice President contact you personally and have you a replacement knife built special? Buck did for me once. Great company.
Robert E. Lee
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Excellent service!
David
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Knife looks just like new - Buck is a great company. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
colin.p

Post by colin.p »

Colonel26 wrote:I bought this 100 years Buck 112 in a pile of knives. A goodly portion of the tip was broke out of it, it was beat up, and no sheath. So off to Buck it went along with $10 and after about three weeks this is what arrived in the mail today along with a 25% off coupon!

While Bucks have never been my main squeeze, nobody beats the way Buck takes care of their customers. Nobody.

Now to get a sheath for it.

IMG_0344.JPGIMG_0346.JPG
Cool, nice to know. Have to keep that in mind. ::tu::
wlf

Post by wlf »

Wade's got progeny that will remember this,who I expect will eventually use that knife ,and Buck becomes Colonel family tradition. ::tu:: ::tu::
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

wlf wrote:Wade's got progeny that will remember this,who I expect will eventually use that knife ,and Buck becomes Colonel family tradition. ::tu:: ::tu::
Lyle, you don't understand. Them boys already have my knkves and guns divided up between them. They know who gets what. They're just waiting on me to pass! Lol

The baby boy, every time I bring a new knife in looks at me with big ol puppy dog sad eyes and says, "I wish I had a knife like that for my knife roll."
Robert E. Lee
wlf

Post by wlf »

Would you have it any other way. Grin.

Daddy divided his guns to me and my four brothers before he passed. I got the single barrel Bay State 12 gauge I started hunting with. Daddy bought the gun from the preacher who married Mommy and Daddy. He got the money from fighting forest fires.

Congratulations to you, all the way around.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”