Buck 373 w/Scissors

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
W. Eva

Buck 373 w/Scissors

Post by W. Eva »

Hello,

First post. Due to the wonderful knowledge contained within this sight. My simple Buck 110 has turned into a small Buck Knife collection. A couple 110's, a few 112's a couple toothpicks some 303's and a few 373's. I see no end!!!!

I just picked this one up off of the bay. Buck 373 (2012) model number 877 made in China. Somewhat large bolsters for a 300 series and it has scissors!!

I've searched and searched and have been unable to find any information on it. So what do I have here? What type of scales are on it? Is it real???

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Wade
Attachments
373 model 877_Page_3.jpg
373 model 877_Page_2.jpg
373 model 877_Page_1.jpg
373 model 877_Page_5.jpg
bertl

Re: Buck 373 w/Scissors

Post by bertl »

Eva,

I have doubts about that knife, but maybe someone will come along who knows more. It doesn't look like a Buck to me.

Bert
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

I stand with Bert. I would first say as a off the cuff remark, "it looks to be re-bladed with overseas Buck blades". But, it would fit in the odd-ball collection never the less.

300Bucks
bertl

Post by bertl »

I decided to ask someone who knows more than I do about the China made Buck knives. Here is his response:

Hi Bert. When human beings are involved, mistakes happen.... ;
The knife is a Browning model 877 Gunstock with jigged bone handle. Since the main blade has the Buck stamp on one side and the Browning model stamp on the other, I would speculate that the Buck and Browning Chinese knives are coming out of the same factory. I think it's a legitimate knife with a manufacturing/assembly error. I'll let you respond to the AAPK post. That was fun, thanks for pointing it out to me. /Roger

Bert
W. Eva

Post by W. Eva »

WOW Bert! Thank you!! And thank you to Roger too! It's a very well made knife. I've been carrying it for a week know. Been up to every task I've thrown at it. Scissors are pretty darn good too.
Much appreciated!!
Wade

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”