Help, with identifying my bucks

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Ckeiter

Help, with identifying my bucks

Post by Ckeiter »

I recently inherited a collection of knives. These are the buck in the set. I'm honestly looking for accurate pricing and possibly to sell. I need to establish price first I have to split with my sister. The two I have are a 506 white knight with yellow is handling blade is 2 inches the whole knife is 2 3/4 inches closed. The other is a buck 501 with a beautiful wood on handle from what I can tell its between 1975 and 1977. The blade is 3 inches. Closed the whole knife is close to 4
Attachments
IMAG0080.jpg
IMAG0081.jpg
Tsar Bomba

Re: Help, with identifying my bucks

Post by Tsar Bomba »

First of all, ultimately the worth of any knife is what someone is willing to pay for them. ::smirk::

Looks like the 501 is pretty standard pakkawood and in nice condition, the smaller 506 is the older knife I believe. Judging by what I've seen similar knives go for, and depending on certain nuances of condition that one can't easily make out in those photos, each knife will probably fetch $25-40 on the secondary market - if the 506 is bone, which by the sole photo looks like a possibility, maybe add $5-10 onto the top of that.

Very rough estimates, of course, YMMV and all other disclaimers apply as always. Good luck!
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

A Buck 501 "Squire" (variation after the original "Esquire") but with the Old English script like yours, new - never used, still in the box with papers, is worth about $60 - $70 dollars full retail. A 506 White Knight (ivory Micarta grips), new - never used, with box and papers is worth about the same. In excellent used shape I would say $40.00 to $45.00 would be about tops (retail), but you never know what someone will pay until you advertise it. Good luck, OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Old Hunter wrote:506 White Knife (ivory Micarta grips)
Aha! Explains the color variations. Nice knife!

Ckeiter, PM sent.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I should have written White Knight instead of White Knife - actually both are correct, officially or unofficially! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Ckeiter

Post by Ckeiter »

Thank you everyone for the response! Best information I have gotten.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”