Best clip carry.

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Jared43758

Best clip carry.

Post by Jared43758 »

I have a 112 and love it. I like the classic look. I was given a free kershaw knockout which I was reluctant to carry cause it's not a buck. I work in a steel mill metal dust hell hole and all the metal dust I don't like getting in my 112. So I started carry this kershaw at work. I've really come to like this pocket clip carry and I like the flipper. What's the best buck that's similar?
Jared43758

Re: Best clip carry.

Post by Jared43758 »

Must be made in USA
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Jared, welcome to AAPK and the Buck sub-forum. Unfortunately I cannot help you with your request - I own and use a bunch of Buck Knives, but not a single one is of the modern style (no blade hole, thumb stud, spring action, assisted opener, or pocket clip). I do hope someone can answer your question - you may want to post a photo of what features you are looking for. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

AAPK Welcome Ready.jpg
AAPK Welcome Ready.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
Made in USA? You could try the 722 Spitfire or it's made for Wal-Mart, the 721 Slimline. If you don't mind spending a little more money there's the 292 Impulse or the 297 Sirus. All are stout knives with substantial blades and frames. There's a 726 Mini-Spitfire if the Spitfire is too large for your tastes. There are two or three others but these are my favorites.
Attachments
Buck Spitfire 722ORS1 - Open Mark.JPG
Buck Slimline 721GRSWM Green - Plain Edge (Walmart) Open.JPG
Buck 292OR Impulse - Open.JPG
BUCK SIRUS 297RDS ASAP RED AND GOLD.jpg
Buck 726ORS Mini Spitfire - Open Mark.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jared43758

Post by Jared43758 »

The Buck Vantage is what fits all my needs. They offer the 341 and 346 with wood handles which is want i want. They only come in the 420 steel which is great steel but I was wanting to try the s30v which they offer in the Buck Vantgw Pro, BUT I have not been able to find the pro when the wood grips
Jared43758

Post by Jared43758 »

image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (15.78 KiB) Viewed 3728 times
image.jpeg
Jared43758

Post by Jared43758 »

What's everyone think of these knifes?
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Jared,I also work around a lot of steel dust and slag and both of these offerings work very well in that environment ::tu:: also the Buck Quickfire has assist but gums up faster.PS I always blow out my knives after my shift is up.
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
colin.p

Post by colin.p »

If you are still looking, I have both the small and large Vantage Select models and can say that they both are great pocket knives. I like the smaller one a little better as I work in retail and a "largish" knife could be seen as rather intimidating (wouldn't want to rattle the people with hyphenated last names).
The pro model would be nice and affordable, especially down in the States, but up here it is more than twice the price at $110 or so, so the select version is what I have and I have no complaints.
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

I like Vantage's because they lie deep in the pocket with their rear attached clip. They are lightweight and the design feels good in the hand, for me more so than a all metal knife. I carry one often, all smalls but one. I stocked up with the diamond wood scaled models and got several by hand picking them at knife stores to get scales with light streaks for grain effect. Well lubed and adjusted they open with a easy flick. A couple had the blade tips just off center but with my torx driver I was able to carefully get things perfect. 300
Producer

Post by Producer »

Sorry I'm late to this thread but fwiw I like the small Vantage too.
300Bucks post is right on as are others especially re: size, carry depth, feel and sheeple friendly.
Mine when new.
Attachments
100_5163.JPG
100_5164.JPG
100_5165.JPG
I never met a Schrade I didn't like
kossetx

Post by kossetx »

I like the bucklite 484. it's light, made in usa and clips well. I quit carrying one because all my chairs and walls had scratches from the clip. Back to leather sheathes for me.
Where Bob Wills is still the King...
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

Your right, clip 'scratching' can be a family "issue". I carry my Vantage in a front pocket, sometimes right and sometimes left. I also carry my small bundle of keys on a belt loop clip which actually is the scratching criminal. I haven't thought of a fix as the corners of the clip probably do the most damage. I would say if this could be a problem for you, a knife that sticks above the edge of the pocket when clipped would be worse on wood rails. Pocket shape plays a part in this. I blame the keys but refuse to change my method of carrying them for 40 or more years.

Thought about shrink tubing, some type of coating, etc. for the clip, but nothing that seemed workable floated to the top. I was assigned the chair I have scratched as my spot and when it becomes intolerable will have to refinish it.

Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

My favorite Buck one-handed opener.
35080684845_0eb38f6730_b.jpg
:mrgreen:
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”