The 560

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Bill-in-Texas

The 560

Post by Bill-in-Texas »

I had never come across one of these, before yesterday.
No box, sheath, etc. but very clean with a tight fit and good snap.
Anyone collect these? ::shrug::
-Bill
Attachments
2017-01-31 15.22.16.jpg
Old Hunter

Re: The 560

Post by Old Hunter »

Several years ago I won a GAW sponsored by Dimitri here on AAPK - the prize was this Buck 560 (mfg 1992) - it is one of my prized Buck Knives. That is a nice one you picked up Bill. You may find the nylon sheath for it on ebay - I see them from time to time when I'm looking for leather 110 sheaths. OH
Attachments
Buck 560 with nylon sheath.JPG
Buck 560-  MFG 1992 .JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
300Bucks

Re: The 560

Post by 300Bucks »

Yes, there are several serious collectors. But, I don't have one. The high value is one of the first issues with torx screws in place of rivets so you can take it apart to clean. The scale holes also went completely thru the scales. It also had a pocket clip that was designed to look like a partial scale and screwed to one side and would slide over the edge of you pocket. Stand on your head and you might loose it. In other knife worlds there is lots of information. I bet in the archives here also. 300Bucks

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”