Customised abauck 110s and 112s

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Legend

Customised abauck 110s and 112s

Post by Legend »

Hello All at AAPK ,
I am a completely new member on this site and need a little info .
I live in the UK and Until recently I used to make my own Scandi style knives and sheaths to quite a reasonable standard . Due to recent Ill health I just have not got the inclination to carry on with this hobby , so I have taken up collecting decent quality traditional Folding pocket knives . I would like to add a Buck 112 or a 110 to my collection (when funds allow), but fancy something a little more unusual . After looking on Ebay , I noticed that there are quite a few people in the US actually buying in factory models , stripping the factory made scales off and replacing them with some pretty fancy customised scales as well as doing some additional file work on the back spring and top of the blade ! Obviously depending on what materials are used to replace the factory ones , the knives can be quite expensive but there are still some in the 85 Dollar range . Problem is many of the Guys in the US don't ship to the UK. If anyone on this forum can help me look for the right knife at the right price I sure would like the names of people who carry out this type of custom work ? so I can look for a really nice knife for my collection .
Take care Guys
Mike
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Customised abauck 110s and 112s

Post by orvet »

::welcome:: to AAPK!

There are several of us here on AAPK who do that type of work, Glennbad, Muskrat Man and myself, to name a few. I do ship to the UK, but can't speak for the others.
I an not sure where the other guys are as regards lead time, but I am not taking new orders until after I get caught up, probably January or February of 2017.

Both the Buck 110 and 112 are lock back knives. I understood that lock blade knives were illegal in the UK.
Was I misinformed or have laws there changed? ::shrug::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Legend

Post by Legend »

Thanks Orvet , sorry for the late reply . Just got my first Buck 112 and a 113 and am gonna try and rescale them using some nice burl wood I have .
Thanks .
Mike
Legend

Post by Legend »

Sorry , just to answer your question , any type of lock knife is illegal to carry in the UK , but not to own . The only type of blade you are allowed to carry is a slipjoint with a blade of no more than 3 inches . It is a little crazy and over forcefull but the law is the law !

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”