Look what I found today! Buck 311 Trapper

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Baykeeper

Re: Look what I found today! Buck 311 Trapper

Post by Baykeeper »

Filled a gap in my collection today, not perfectly, but I filled it. #315 Yachtsman by Camillus. Stand back and squint and it looks pretty good, and like I said it fills a gap in the collection. This one has it's issues, spike won't lock, small cracks around a boogered handle pin, very rusty springs, etc, but the good news is it didn't cost that much and it fills a hole in my display. I can't see any specific reason why the spike won't lock, perhaps the rusty springs, (springs are not broken), but it doesn't look that bad from across the room, so it ain't all that bad of a deal, (I guess?). That leaves the #321 Bird Knife for me to have a "basic" set of 300 Series CC-made knives, (not even close to all the "versions" though). Hopefully I'll have one of those soon, who knows. Here it is, just like me, old, a bit worn out, but still functioning, (kinda).
Attachments
DSC00328.JPG
BCCI Member #2863
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Baykeeper, Nice addition to your Buck 300 series collection! I have only one 315 myself, but it is the bolsterless version - that is what I found when I was looking - I like the looks of the bolster model like you have better. Good luck on that Buck 321 Bird knife - I saw one for sale here either in the AAPK stores or maybe on ebay just last week when I was browsing for Buck Knives. Here is my Buck 321, a gift from my Dad when he quit hunting a few years ago - he carried it a lot of years. OH
Attachments
Buck 321 Bird.JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Old Hunter wrote:Baykeeper, Nice addition to your Buck 300 series collection! I have only one 315 myself, but it is the bolsterless version - that is what I found when I was looking - I like the looks of the bolster model like you have better. Good luck on that Buck 321 Bird knife - I saw one for sale here either in the AAPK stores or maybe on ebay just last week when I was browsing for Buck Knives. Here is my Buck 321, a gift from my Dad when he quit hunting a few years ago - he carried it a lot of years. OH
Thanks OH, at least I finally have one. Since I posted the photo I found a guy who might possibly be able to repair and restore it, so I'm waiting to hear back about that. Even if not I'm still happy to have a representative of that model in the collection, and I will be looking for a non bolstered version too. I have a Camillus #696, a #315 clone without bolsters, but it just ain't a Buck, (even though CC made it).
Any knife you got from your dad is special no matter the brand. My most treasured possessions are the two knives I inherited from my dad & late brother, so I think it's cool for you to have it, treasure it.
I'm currently working on getting a #321, not sure if I will be able to afford it or not, but at least I have a shot. Of course if I do I'll post it here first thing; meanwhile the search continues.
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Goal reached!! Though not an unused, pristine, never sharpened collection of pocket knives, I have managed to cobble together one of each of the 1972-1985 Camillus-made 300 Series pocket knives. I used an advertising photo from 1985 as my visual guide, and below is my rough recreation of that photo. I have placed my knives in the same position so they can be identified using the advertising photo's descriptions below. All of these are used knives, though other than a few slight issues with the #315 Yachtsman, (spike doesn't lock, small cracks around handle pins), they are all in what I consider to be in good used condition, (just how I like 'em).
Other than a couple I have had for years, (ie; bought the #313 Muskrat for myself in 1973), the bulk of these were obtained over a two year period online, at yard sales, or in two cases at the local swap meet. One of the key knives in the collection, (#317 Trail Blazer), was "bombed" to me by an anonymous collector who sometimes visits this thread, (you know who you are), and I must thank that person profusely for helping me to finish this collection. I also offer heartfelt thanks to 300bucks, bertl, and others here on AAPK who have helped me along the way with sage advice, knowledge and encouragement.
I have other 300 Series Bucks, but those are either SFO's by CC, or made by Buck or Schrade, all those pictured here are CC-made regular production models. Now the search for all the numerous and varied "versions" can begin.
Attachments
DSC00351.JPG
Buck 300-1985.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

GOOD JOB ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

garddogg56 wrote:GOOD JOB ::tu::
Thanks, it's good to at least have one of each model. Now of course I will be endlessly looking for "versions". I've got quite a ways to go to catch up with 300 or Bert, but I'm on that road. Thanks again.
BCCI Member #2863
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

Good job...
Your a collector when you have one knife that is not a family knife that you don't intend to carry. You likely would be considered a near "major" collector as you had a target in mind and you sought out knives to fill that desire.

I will remind you and everyone else Its about enjoying the knives and at some point you realize it is as much about the quest as it the actual knife. I have a few I doubt I have actually handled or seen in ten years or more. And contrary to what my friend has stated, I really am not a big collector. I can name off ten or more people with 300 collections larger and more quality than mine. Like him I started with idea of just getting one of each model of the delrin scaled 300's and things snowballed from there.

Now I will tell him and all of you, even if you only have 10 knives, make a record of every knife, the who, how, where of each one. Take a photo of each one and store in secure situation. Now lets talk something we need to say with this day and times. Security.

Lots of guy want to have their knives out to see. Ok, but don't have them out where I can look thru a window and see them. Especially at night. Try not to brag about what you have, specially in your local area, teach you kids not to talk about them to other kids or let them show them to other kids. The first step in security starts at home. You can laugh and say but I only have 15 knives, well someone would kick in you door in a heartbeat if they thought they could make a dollar. Just be careful if you start making yourself a collection. At least with Buck 300s no individual is worth a big wad of money. Its when you get yourself a 'herd' of them you have an investment.

Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

300Bucks wrote:Good job...
Your a collector when you have one knife that is not a family knife that you don't intend to carry. You likely would be considered a near "major" collector as you had a target in mind and you sought out knives to fill that desire.

I will remind you and everyone else Its about enjoying the knives and at some point you realize it is as much about the quest as it the actual knife. I have a few I doubt I have actually handled or seen in ten years or more. And contrary to what my friend has stated, I really am not a big collector. I can name off ten or more people with 300 collections larger and more quality than mine. Like him I started with idea of just getting one of each model of the delrin scaled 300's and things snowballed from there.

Now I will tell him and all of you, even if you only have 10 knives, make a record of every knife, the who, how, where of each one. Take a photo of each one and store in secure situation. Now lets talk something we need to say with this day and times. Security.

Lots of guy want to have their knives out to see. Ok, but don't have them out where I can look thru a window and see them. Especially at night. Try not to brag about what you have, specially in your local area, teach you kids not to talk about them to other kids or let them show them to other kids. The first step in security starts at home. You can laugh and say but I only have 15 knives, well someone would kick in you door in a heartbeat if they thought they could make a dollar. Just be careful if you start making yourself a collection. At least with Buck 300s no individual is worth a big wad of money. Its when you get yourself a 'herd' of them you have an investment.

I hear you, in fact I have had knives stolen, (and guns, and tools, and, and....), so believe me nothing is visible from outside my apartment, and no one but my family even knows what is in here. I also live on the second floor of a commercial/residential building at the end of a dead-end hallway, so unless you know my place is there you wouldn't even see it. I also come from a family of locksmiths, so I have very good locks on the door, and all windows are pinned. I have photos of everything stored on an external hard drive that lives in my car, and I have a fire safe, (a good one). (I also have nosey neighbors, we watch out for each other).
I'm documenting everything 300, I learned the hard way about that. I've had to deal with the estates of my parents, grandparents and a sibling, so I know the frustration of sorting through endless amounts of stuff without a clue of what it is, or any idea of what to do with it. My mom was a picker who just loved "stuff", and my dad was a locksmith/machinist with generations of family tools, they left me a whole house full of those "collectibles", it took me months to liquidate it, (I still have most of the furniture and family handtools). I promised my daughter I WOULD NOT do that to her. When I go, there will be a binder with photos of every knife, when I got it, it's manufacturing history, and it's relative value. Back up photos of those in the album are already backed up on the hard drive I mentioned earlier. I also have begun to label all the photos I have in albums, especially those from her childhood. My mom left me scores of family photos, most of people who are family, but I have no idea of who many of them are. I won't do that to my daughter either. I've even played around with a few trial versions of "collector software", but have found a few photos with notes is just as good. I also have renters insurance, so I am as security conscious as I can be under the circumstances.
Though I carry a 300 often, it's usually a Buck-made 312 or 314, and I don''t carry the CC-made versions very often anymore, especially as I got closer to having a complete "collection" of them. One of my next projects is to get a glass display case for this basic 300 collection, in which case I will probably never carry them as EDC's again, (though I may carry one of my "extras" occasionally). As far as display goes, I have my knives out because I have nowhere else to store them. When you walk into my place you see hand tools on the walls, model airplanes hanging from the ceiling, and knives on a shelf; mainly because I have no other place to store any of it. The drawers are all full of "everything else", and I don't have outside storage. Though my place is not like a hoarder's, (ie; you can walk through it), (usually), but it is definitely full 'o stuff!
This particular collection is for my grandson, (I wanted to leave him just one "complete" collection of something), what I find from here on out is for me just for the joy of acquisition if for nothing else, (he'll get it all eventually anyway). I'm pretty much stuck on the 300 Series as a main focus of collecting, and there are many, many versions left to find, but if I see something else I like along the way I reserve the right to collect those too. However, the 300 Series has my heart strings, and I don't see that ever changing, (unless I find them all, which is highly doubtful). The #313 I have was the very first knife I ever purchased for myself, I have been fond of the series ever since, I think that is where my passion for them comes from.
Well, I have enough knowledge now to be dangerous, (at least to myself), so like I said, this is just the beginning.
Dreaming yellow Delrin, salivating for yellow Delrin, MUST have yellow Delrin, MUST look for yellow Delrin!!! Starting to dream about jigged bone SFO's too, so I got it bad!!
BCCI Member #2863
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

Sounds like you would be a good friend to have.

Sounds like you are prepping as best as possible also. Keep up the good work. As we have said in the past you guys with collection fever have a tougher road now with more people with more computer info access. When I started they were still just "pocket knives".

I am concerned that the 300 series is not in any Buck Co. spotlight, sort of just an after-thought. Seems like modern flippers and survival knives have taken over the minds of company designers. If I had won the lottery I was going to order a couple thousand jigged bone 300s and sell them off to show folks that some people want a old style pocket knife. But I only had one number......

bertl

Post by bertl »

Baykeeper,

If 300Bucks is not a major collector, I am a very minor collector. However, for both 300 and me, it is not how many knives you have, it is how well you try to understand them. That is the joy of collecting. Trying to understand the minor changes means you are headed in the right direction. I try to keep on top of all of the 300 series, but I also try to concentrate on a few models for their details. I think you are doing well.

Bert
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

300Bucks wrote:Sounds like you would be a good friend to have.

Sounds like you are prepping as best as possible also. Keep up the good work. As we have said in the past you guys with collection fever have a tougher road now with more people with more computer info access. When I started they were still just "pocket knives".

I am concerned that the 300 series is not in any Buck Co. spotlight, sort of just an after-thought. Seems like modern flippers and survival knives have taken over the minds of company designers. If I had won the lottery I was going to order a couple thousand jigged bone 300s and sell them off to show folks that some people want a old style pocket knife. But I only had one number......

I agree that the 300 Series is kind of an afterthought to them nowadays, it seems that fighting knives, factory customs, hunters, and as you call them "flip knives" are more marketable, (and probably cheaper to manufacture). I also haven't seen any , (or not many), alternate handle materials being offered in the series any more either. Too bad. I am of the opinion also that the knives of the series made in Idaho are of lesser quality, especially fit & finish, as compared to San Diego made knives, and neither approaches the quality attained by Camillus. Again, too bad.
I got in before prices went through the roof, I think I paid $8 for my #307, and got my #301 for around $10, my #303 for less, but even in the last year they have gone up and up in actual selling price. The most I paid for most knives I have of the series, (other than the SFO's), was around $20, so I think I did pretty good. The #315 & #321 cost in the mid $30's, and most of those go well above $60 or more lately. It would cost twice as much to put this collection together now. Speaking of SFO's, the #322 Congress I got several months ago cost me $40, and I thought that was high at the time. I saw the same knife go for over $70 just last week, so that is a good example of how the prices are actively climbing daily.
I may not be a traditional person, but I really appreciate traditional knives. Those modern flippy things look like something an angst ridden teenage boy with inferiority issues would be attracted to...I just don't get it!
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Here's a Schrade-made, second version #301 Stockman, (1967/early '71), that I picked up recently on the cheap due to the broken off tippy end of the master, otherwise in good shape. It serves as a good representative of the version despite it's less-than-pristine condition. I now have second version, (this one), third version, (Camillus mid-late 1971), with small handle pins, & fourth version, (Camillus '72), no handle pins, model number on pile side, (both of those pictured earlier in this thread).

I've been thinking about why I am so attracted to this series, and it goes back to the 60's for me. Of course I hunted and fished all of my life, and just used my father's knives most of the time, but I had bought a Schrade 80T w/ carbon blades during the mid 60's. Though a useful knife I was disappointed at how quickly the blades rusted and ended up just throwing it in my toolbox, so when Buck came out with their slipjoints in SS in the late '60's I immediately noticed. Bought my first 300 Series, (#313 Muskrat), right after high school in the early 70's and haven't looked back. Having learned young how to sharpen a knife, I wasn't worried about SS's supposed lack of edge holding ability compared to carbon because I could quickly resharpen most any knife blade, so when these came out I waved goodbye to rusty blades and never regretted that decision. I know there is a segment of the collecting community that regards SS blades as inferior, but I for one don't agree with that. Why would anyone want a tool that rusted in a week? After all, a knife is a tool, and one that won't rust makes it a better tool in my mind.
Another reason is the convoluted history of the series, I find it fascinating. When I decided to actually start collecting with a purpose, the history intrigued me so much it was really a no-brainer because I had been interested in the series almost from it's beginnings. To me the history of the series, and the history of use of each knife is what matters. I feel awkward with a pristine "unused" knife anyway; I don't want a nick nack for my shelf, I want a tool.
Attachments
DSC00352.JPG
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Time for a bump.
Not much new to report as far as Buck acquisitions go, especially 300 Series Bucks, but I did obtain a SwissBuck Trekker from a BCCI website auction. It seems the cat's out of the bag as far as the 300 Series is concerned, all of a sudden everyone seems to know they are collectible and the prices have gone sky high. I managed to get my basic collection at a bargain compared to what they are going for right now. There are a couple of SC-made, first version, lined bolster 303's on the bay right now, and with at least a day to go they are up over a C-note already, so they are definitely going for premiums I just can't afford. Of course maybe I'll run into affordable ones somewhere, someplace, sometime, but obviously the bay isn't that place right now. At least I have the "basic" set of CC-made models, and I'm glad I started collecting them when I did, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford gathering them all together at current prices.

This Wenger-made SwissBuck Trekker is kinda fun, but other than the color and the shield it is entirely a Wenger SAK more than anything else, but it is cool to have one that says "Buck" nonetheless. Got it for a song, but not sure if I should EDC it or not. It is a discontinued model, but whether that makes it "collectible" or not is another question. I'll probably just toss it in my fanny pack to have around in case I have to deal with a wayward cork.
In the meantime the search continues.
Attachments
SwiisBuck20Trekker20003_zpszpcpnciq.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Years ago, when these were in the stores, I bought a Swiss Buck for my wife (the little SAK Classic size) and one like yours for my then Girl Scout daughter. Both still have and use them - look to me like a Wenger SAK with different covers, but the name on the knife is Buck and they have held up well. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Old Hunter wrote:Years ago, when these were in the stores, I bought a Swiss Buck for my wife (the little SAK Classic size) and one like yours for my then Girl Scout daughter. Both still have and use them - look to me like a Wenger SAK with different covers, but the name on the knife is Buck and they have held up well. OH
I think I'll just keep it on my display stump, and won't carry it as an EDC to preserve it. I have other SAK's I can use, but this is the only Wenger I have, and from what I see in this knife I like them better than Victorinox versions. I consider myself a Buck collector, so having a Buck shield on it makes it worth having.
While researching forums for "SwissBuck" I ran across a post by CJ Buck from 2000 explaining some of the dynamics of Buck's collaboration with Wenger on these models. It was a very interesting post. Unfortunately I didn't think to save that post at the time, and now can't find it again or I would share it here; I'll keep looking. According to him it was an effort by Buck to establish a larger market in Europe, but they didn't sell that well in the end so it was a short-lived project. He mentioned that Wenger was a good company to work with though.
BCCI Member #2863
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

I am gonna post this anywy and as you say prices will go up. But on the subject of Wenger. The top of the heap, rare version of the Buck Clipper (305 with scissors) is the very last year of its production. actually half year. You will notice Wenger stamped on the scissors as Buck changed to their scissors because they were better at cutting than the old clipper scissors. They will be found only on a red sawcut scale with regular 305 tang stamp and if you are super lucky (I don't have one) a black sawcut version. More rare than the small yellow barlow or the first Buck folder hand made out of surplus lifeboat knives or the first version of the America's Cup 315 Yachtsman. So now you have something else to look for. I have given up on ever finding a black sawcut. I could cheat and find another red sawcut and paint the scales black. But........300

High ....the last small yellow barlow and the second version America's Cup 315 I saw both were sold each for over $400. The good ole days are over for me getting 20 to 40$ rare 300s.
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

300Bucks wrote:
High ....the last small yellow barlow and the second version America's Cup 315 I saw both were sold each for over $400. The good ole days are over for me getting 20 to 40$ rare 300s.
I'm glad I started when I did, I would have to spend more than twice as much nowadays to get the same basic set of 300's that I now have. Thanks for the tip on the scissors, I will put that on my "unobtanium" list and keep my eyes peeled. I think I'll more likely fill the gaps in my collection at estate sales or knife shows rather than ever hoping to find a deal online, looks like the bay prices will just keep going up.
Funny part of shopping on the bay is the number of "rare" and "vintage" Bucks that were actually made last year, seems like a lot of folks think anything made by Buck is automatically rare, valuable and collectible. I sent a message to one guy listing a 2009 #301 as "60's-'70's rare & vintage"; the guy said he had sold "hundreds of knives and you don't know what you are talking about". I even gave him the link to Buck's "How old is my knife" page and he still didn't believe me, (or just didn't want me to spoil his scam). I've always prided myself as being an honest, reputable seller on the bay, guess that means diddly to some.
Watched a small yellow Barlow and a lined bolster #303 go for well over a hundred this week, I guess that's the way it's going to go....like I said, glad I started when I did.
BCCI Member #2863
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

Your points bring up tough choices. Just the last few posts on prices rising will likely be read by a hundred or more people. It use to be that kind of information was only passed on at meetings, knife shows or telephone conversations. Then came the internet and even then for a few years it was still a pretty small group of people that liked certain kinds and types of knifes to collect. At first I enjoyed sharing the knowledge given to me by others but now I pause to think how this writing, information sharing or photo posting is going to effect folks like you, trying to accomplish a collecting goal. Some will read the pointers and make a mental to watch for a particular knife because they know it is rare and they can make a few bucks reselling it. The openness of the internet is bad in this way and in the end may cause a shutdown in information sharing open to all eyes locations. I can see that happening in another forum I go to. All the original "collectors" have quit posting and discussing what they collect. Many of the posts are new people learning just some basic facts. It is an enigma that I have only thought about but not quit sharing info yet. We will just go on and hope those that are not really collecting but just "buying" for profit will be unlucky. In a sense the baton passing is occurring by you gathering up your collection, it will be you giving out the info to the new folks. Which is how things should be. Oh well, I gave up on being able to afford several knives a while ago and actually have quit searching the dark corners for them, so you are running the race against one less horse...ha ......300
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

I wanted to mention here that I am getting ready for a different kind of knife collecting adventure. Monday morning I'm driving from CA across country to Atlanta, GA to help care for my ailing sister who will be released from the hospital soon after an extended illness. The reason I'm driving is to bring back family heirlooms that have been stored there, but of course I'm going to attempt to do some knife shopping along the way. I'll be traveling along I-40, which goes all the way from Needles, Ca to Nashville, so if you know of any "must stop" places along that route please speak up. I already have made plans to go up into TN for a walk through SMKW, and will visit knife collecting friends from IKC Forums while there, (probably on the drive back), but that is the only solid plan I have in place at the time. I will look for knife shops, pawn shops and maybe even swap meets or a yard sale or two along the way. I'm giving myself nearly a week to get there in order to allow the occasional stop, so if you count coming and going I hope to have a couple of weeks to troll up a collectible knife or two on the trip. Of course, depending on my sister's condition, if I am still in ATL in June I'll try to attend the Blade Show, (even though I dread going through a southern summer; ugh!). Maybe I'll find a local knife show to attend along the way as well.
So, if you have any suggestions of where I might stop for a knife odyssey please let me know. 300, if you will be doing any shows along that route please let me know, I'd love to meet you in person.

On that note, as this was a family emergency that none of us was prepared for financially, my wonderful daughter started a Go Fund Me campaign to raise funds to get me there and back; here's the link to that campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/whpwgpcs.
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Two fer at a gun show in Marietta, GA recently. A pair of 1971 1/2 #301 Stockmans w/ small brass handle pins by Camillus. I was relatively surprised to see them both available from the same vendor, (which is my way of justifying laying out $40 for the pair). You can just see them hiding in the upper right side of the showcase in the bottom photo. According to notes in the database the handle pins were eliminated by the beginning of 1972. Both are in "good used" condition, with nearly-full to full blades, no cracks in the handles, tight in the bolsters, and both are absolutely razor sharp; whoever sharpened them last did a superb job!
Attachments
4-17-16 017.jpg
4-17-16 018.jpg
4-17-16 020.jpg
4-17-16 013.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

Good find, good price. ::tu::

Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

300Bucks wrote:Good find, good price. ::tu::

Thanks 300. I'm just as happy to have known what I was looking at as anything else....knowledge is power, and the search goes on.
BCCI Member #2863
bertl

Post by bertl »

You can't do much better than that, Syd.

Bert
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

bertl wrote:You can't do much better than that, Syd.

Bert
Thanks Bert. I've been carrying one of those 301's everyday since I got them, I think it will be hard for me to part with one of them; seems like they should remain together since I found them that way. Actually got a better deal at an estate sale yesterday. Robeson Barlow for $2. Farm fresh but with full blades, great half stops, and as tight as any slipjoint can be. A little elbow grease and it will clean up nicely. I guess I'm on a roll here in Georgia.
Heading for SMKW in a few days, so the south has been, and will still be very productive for me knife-wise. Missing home though, so after a knifegasm in Sevierville I'm heading back west.

I'd add a photo of the Robeson, but AAPK isn't working very well right now, so I'll do that later.
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Now that AAPK has finished their upgrade and I can upload photos again, a photo of the Robeson Barlow I found in Atlanta for $2 at an estate sale. It cleaned up nice, not pristine but nice. Snaps like it was new, feels heavy in the hand, a very substantial pocket knife. From the looks of the master blade it was possibly made by Camillus, (hopeful guess). Whoever made it did a superb job, a good vintage "user" and my first Robeson.

Also just pulled the trigger on a #329 Freedom Trapper on the bay, so excited I stole the guy's photo. Considering the price, (got it for way less than I expected), either no one else caught this listing, (possible, it was vaguely described, I found it in a search for something else), or there are a lot of 1988 Yellow Delrin Buck SFO Freedom Trappers around; strangely, no one else even bid. Last one of these I saw on the bay went for substantially more, so I think I did pretty good at $40, (listed as "unused", photos seem to confirm that, seller had 100% rating). Oh well, good deal or not I'm glad to have another Buck SFO coming my way, it will be my first Yellow Delrin Buck. I'll post my own photos when it arrives.
Attachments
Robeson Barlow
Robeson Barlow
Camillus-made Buck #329 Freedom Trapper, a 1988 SFO for SMKW.
Camillus-made Buck #329 Freedom Trapper, a 1988 SFO for SMKW.
BCCI Member #2863

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”