Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Baykeeper

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by Baykeeper »

bertl wrote:Baykeeper,

You still have a few to go. The 305 Clipper came in six varieties: brown bone, lavender, blue, black, pink and red.

Bert
Thanks for the list Bert. I started out just looking for a Clipper just as an example of a model I didn't have, wasn't aware of all the colors out there. Yup, got my work cut out for me. ::shrug::
BCCI Member #2863
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

There is a article on the Buck Clipper models on the BCCI Website. 300Bucks
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Picked up this 1990 Buck 500 along with a tag along Browning today at a gun/knife show. I posted it in Knife Finds of the Day too but shot another picture after hitting the brass with some metal cleaner. ___Dave
Attachments
gun show DECC 2017 009.JPG
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Anybody know a good knifeaholics recovery group, (would that be KA or KAA?)? I think I need one. :roll:

Just in: Buck #332 Barlow, Black Sawcut Delrin, 1995 SFO. Why? Because I am trying to collect one of each model of the 300 Series SFO's, and after this I have only two models to go.
Attachments
IMG_1040.JPG
BCCI Member #2863
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Baykeeper wrote:Anybody know a good knifeaholics recovery group, (would that be KA or KAA?)? I think I need one. :roll:

Just in: Buck #332 Barlow, Black Sawcut Delrin, 1995 SFO. Why? Because I am trying to collect one of each model of the 300 Series SFO's, and after this I have only two models to go.
All the knife groups I've checked on so far have been no help at all. They just make things worse and even can get you involved with more serious stuff like Bowie knives, custom knives and guns. There's no hope at this point. ___Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Syd, at least you have some focus for this madness. My purchases are just skitter scatter all over the place. ::facepalm::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

jerryd6818 wrote:Syd, at least you have some focus for this madness. My purchases are just skitter scatter all over the place. ::facepalm::
Well, once I get all the SFO models together I think I'll be skittering and scattering right along with you. ::groove::
BCCI Member #2863
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Hey that's the spirit. Focused organized people really irritate me.___Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Baykeeper wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Syd, at least you have some focus for this madness. My purchases are just skitter scatter all over the place. ::facepalm::
Well, once I get all the SFO models together I think I'll be skittering and scattering right along with you. ::groove::
:lol: :lol: Like a fly on a window.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

jerryd6818 wrote:
Baykeeper wrote:
:lol: :lol: Like a fly on a window.
I think I was skittering before the quest for SFO's, and the #305 Clipper I just got proves that it's still part of my method; if it's Buck and I like it I can't seem to resist it. ::tu::
BCCI Member #2863
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Bought this 2-Dot Buck 110 at a collectibles mall (junk store) in December; knife was in very good shape, however a previous owner had really dulled (flattened the edge) of the first 1/3 of the blade. Instead of taking the Lansky to it I decided it would be a good opportunity for me to try out the Buck Spa ($6.95), something I've read about but never used. I mailed the knife from a small town PO on the eastern shore of Maryland the Monday before Christmas and received it back here in eastern NC yesterday. The Buck cutlers have reprofiled the edge - it had the original 440C type of edge, now it has the 425M style edge and it is as sharp as you can get a hunting knife. They have also cleaned and polished the brass, cleaned out the blade well and lubed the joint. Finally they cleaned up most of the blade scratches, some were pretty deep and there is a trace of them still there, but much better. I think you really get your money's worth with the Buck Spa treatment. OH
Attachments
Buck 110 2-Dot (before Spa).JPG
Buck 110 2-Dot (after Spa).JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

The spa report is good to know as I have never used it either,always took care of my own.Thanx Bruce ::handshake::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Old Hunter wrote:Bought this 2-Dot Buck 110 at a collectibles mall (junk store) in December; knife was in very good shape, however a previous owner had really dulled (flattened the edge) of the first 1/3 of the blade. Instead of taking the Lansky to it I decided it would be a good opportunity for me to try out the Buck Spa ($6.95), something I've read about but never used. I mailed the knife from a small town PO on the eastern shore of Maryland the Monday before Christmas and received it back here in eastern NC yesterday. The Buck cutlers have reprofiled the edge - it had the original 440C type of edge, now it has the 425M style edge and it is as sharp as you can get a hunting knife. They have also cleaned and polished the brass, cleaned out the blade well and lubed the joint. Finally they cleaned up most of the blade scratches, some were pretty deep and there is a trace of them still there, but much better. I think you really get your money's worth with the Buck Spa treatment. OH
Great find, and I agree about the "spa treatment" that Buck gives a knife for a mere pittance and postage. I sent one of my 110's in and it came back better than new in my opinion.
BCCI Member #2863
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I'll sure use their spa treatment again when I need it. Today's mail brought my first four-spacer Buck 119; this one also has the inverted three line tang stamp, putting it at 1972. OH
Attachments
Buck 119 inverted stamp with 4 spacers - 1972 (1).JPG
Buck 119 inverted stamp with 4 spacers - 1972 (3).JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

OH, I've used the Buck spa service before as well and it's first rate all the way. No one takes care of customers like Buck imo.

That 119 is a dandy. I got one as a kid and packed it a lot. I foolishly sold it not long after getting it by the pocket knife bug in order to fund some knife I don't even remember now. Lol. I'm going to pick another one up myself I think.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Picked up a black 301 today.. NIB current production!! Likin it so far but time will tell!! ::tu:: Beefy blades for sure!! John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Here is the newest addition to my Buck family. Why? Because I'm an addict and need an intervention. That being said this is a 1999 Buck #331 Granddaddy Barlow in Jigged Bone, NIB, an SFO made by Camillus for SMKW. This is just the first to arrive, other Buck "rarities" are coming soon; stay tuned.
Attachments
IMG_1083.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG
BCCI Member #2863
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

That's a fine looking knife Baykeep ::tu::
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

garddogg56 wrote:That's a fine looking knife Baykeep ::tu::
Thank you GD, all I can say is it was a long time comin', it's the jewel in my collecting crown, (at least until next week). Stay tuned for whats next!
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Here are a couple more. Buck #334 Millennium Trapper in Jigged Bone, a Limited Edition with serial number 0082, and a #333 California Toothpick in Stagalon. Both of these are SFO's, special factory orders. I think this photo of the toothpick is one of the first, if not THE first photo of a #333 on this forum, (at least I can't find another anywhere). The arrival of these two knives completes a quest to obtain one of each of the 300 Series special order knives, needless to say I am very very pleased!!

::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
Attachments
IMG_1114.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG
BCCI Member #2863
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

WOW you are now Mr 300 congrats ::clapping:: ::clapping:: ::not_worthy::
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

garddogg56 wrote:WOW you are now Mr 300 congrats ::clapping:: ::clapping:: ::not_worthy::
Thanks, the congratulations should also go to 300bucks and bertl who taught me all they know and encouraged me the whole way, couldn't have done it without them.
I am just agog with that big trapper, what a cool piece of industrial art.
BCCI Member #2863
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Congrats Baykeeper, your ability to stay focused is commendable great job.

Monte
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

montemojo wrote:Congrats Baykeeper, your ability to stay focused is commendable great job.

Monte
Thank you. I went momentarily off course at Christmas and gifted myself with a nice Case Seahorse, but other than that I have focused on the Buck 300's. I now have all the model numbers, at least all of the US-made models. I guess now I can get a start finding some of the varied "exotic" handle colors & materials. I also need to come up with a cool display case.
BCCI Member #2863
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Yes a display would be great. I have 2 , one schrade and one Boker. I haven't filled the Boker. Both derail me from my goals. They are alot of fun filling them. I also have my eye on another schrade floor model. If you wait long enough I am sure one will find you ::nod::

Monte

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”