Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Breeze

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by Breeze »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:34 pm What's custom about it? Is it the steel and the G-10 handles? I'm a sucker for 722 Spitfires.
jmh58 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:49 pm Yep!! 👊
John 🎩
John nailed it. The blade steel, handles, and the black hardware. Buck has a lot of options in the custom shop for the 722. I have a standard aluminum with 420hc, and one of the SK Blades Spitfire Extreme's from a couple of years ago with aluminum handles and s35vn steel. To be honest, I'm perfectly happy with Buck's standard 420hc steel. I wanted the G-10 handles and once I was going custom I decided to splurge and get the upgraded steel too.

If Buck ever puts the 726 in the custom shop they'll suck some more money out of me :)
Mike
eveled

Post by eveled »

200F4C98-027B-41A2-8691-AAFB33D4441D.jpeg
Got this lot from E-bay. Made an offer he made a fair counter offer I could not resist. I always wanted the hatchet with the phenolic handle. The hatchets sheaths are usually missing. The other knives are all in great shape, with flap over sheaths. The 107 is another one I always wanted. So it was a perfect score for me. Very pleased with the purchase even though it was more than I should have spent.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

eveled wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:24 pm 200F4C98-027B-41A2-8691-AAFB33D4441D.jpeg

Got this lot from E-bay. Made an offer he made a fair counter offer I could not resist. I always wanted the hatchet with the phenolic handle. The hatchets sheaths are usually missing. The other knives are all in great shape, with flap over sheaths. The 107 is another one I always wanted. So it was a perfect score for me. Very pleased with the purchase even though it was more than I should have spent.
::tu::
Mike
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Breeze wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:48 pm My newest is from the Custom Shop. A 722 Spitfire with orange G-10 and s35vn steel.
Custom 722 7.JPG
That's really close to the one I'm building. I want a black Cerakote blade, but it ain't worth the extra $15 in my opinion. There are USA Bucks that cost that much alone.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

eveled wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:24 pm Got this lot from E-bay. Made an offer he made a fair counter offer I could not resist.
Who can blame you? They look to be in pretty dang good shape.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Been wanting a user condition 301 I wouldn't be afraid to use as an all-around knife. I have one, but it was a special etched knife, given to employees of a local quarry as a Christmas gift in 1993. Bought it for $15 in new condition, and it's a shelf queen.

Olde Cutler had a rosewood handled 2015 for just $15, and I picked it up. I've retired a lot of my better condition vintage knives (especially those made by defunct companies). Currently, my workhorse is a Case 3318CV from 2003, but I wanted a bit bigger knife.

Really sharp, so ready to go to work. Had it in my pocket all day.

KIMG4085.JPG
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Couple more, a #333 California Toothpick SFO that I recently got for a song, (relative to other #333's I have), and a 2020 #119 which I wanted just "because", (it's so "stock" it will probably become a user). The locally owned hardware store here had a 20% off everything sale today, which brought the price down reasonably close to what I would have to pay online, so along with the duct tape and WD40 I stocked up on, I got to spend a bit of my knife money locally for this #119, which is good for my neighbors. I didn't have to deal with shipping either. I may sell the #333 one of these days, but not yet. Now I have a spare. After I got home with the #119 I wondered why would I possibly need another fixed blade knife? (I have 9 so far). Oh well, there is probably no true answer to that question, I figure I just need 9 fixed blades because I needed 9 fixed blades! Next week I might need 10 after all.
Attachments
toothpick4.jpg
119c.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
bertl

Post by bertl »

Here is a 303 LE from 2011 by Michael Prater/Painted Pony. It has gold lipped pearl and bloody jasper, with plenty of filework and engraving.

Bert
IMG_0326.jpeg
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

eveled wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:24 pm 200F4C98-027B-41A2-8691-AAFB33D4441D.jpeg

You’ve done hit the mother lode!!! Wow!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

bertl wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:19 pm Here is a 303 LE from 2011 by Michael Prater/Painted Pony. It has gold lipped pearl and bloody jasper, with plenty of filework and engraving.

Bert

IMG_0326.jpeg
Wow ::oh_my::
Nice ::tu::
Its a show piece for sure. Wouldn't want to be speying anything with that one :D
Mike
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

bertl wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:19 pm Here is a 303 LE from 2011 by Michael Prater/Painted Pony. It has gold lipped pearl and bloody jasper, with plenty of filework and engraving.

Bert

IMG_0326.jpeg
Looks like jewelry, what a beauty.
BCCI Member #2863
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

That is beautiful. ::nod:: ::nod::
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Not a custom or anything fancy, but this newly arrived #112 Slim Select was a Copper + Clad exclusive, only sold in their catalog, (that's why they are "exclusive"). Notice anything different? Yup, it's a drop point, but still has the same handle material and the same very functional pocket clip, and even though not mentioned on the website, the blade is sand blasted, (or whatever word that applies that I can't remember right now). Paid a little more than my other #112 Slim Selects which I got at the BCCI price, but none of those are drop points, plus I didn't have a black one yet. That's it, get 'em while they're hot!
Attachments
112db.jpg
112d.jpg
112dc.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That’s a fine looking droppoint!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Colonel26 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:16 pm That’s a fine looking droppoint!
Thanks, now I have two drop point #112's, this one and an original #112 Ranger with S30v drop point and ebony handles, (slanted bolsters too).
BCCI Member #2863
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

661 Pursuit Pro.
Attachments
IMG_5917.JPG
IMG_5918.JPG
IMG_5921.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looks Good Rick!! 👍🤩👍
John 🍺
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks, John!
Rick T.

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Baykeeper wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:38 pm Not a custom or anything fancy, but this newly arrived #112 Slim Select was a Copper + Clad exclusive, only sold in their catalog, (that's why they are "exclusive"). Notice anything different? Yup, it's a drop point, but still has the same handle material and the same very functional pocket clip, and even though not mentioned on the website, the blade is sand blasted, (or whatever word that applies that I can't remember right now). Paid a little more than my other #112 Slim Selects which I got at the BCCI price, but none of those are drop points, plus I didn't have a black one yet. That's it, get 'em while they're hot!
Nice!! I like the drop point blade!! 👍😎👍
John 🎩
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sorry about posting the 661 Pursuit twice. I got the 112 Drop Point and the Copper & Clad 722 today so I took a group pic.
Attachments
IMG_5922.JPG
IMG_5925.JPG
IMG_5929.JPG
Rick T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Railsplitter wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:01 pm Sorry about posting the 661 Pursuit twice. I got the 112 Drop Point and the Copper & Clad 722 today so I took a group pic.
Good group Rick. I'm a big fan of the 722 but do not have that particular edition.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:23 am Good group Rick. I'm a big fan of the 722 but do not have that particular edition.
Thanks Jerry. I like the pattern too. I already had this 722 and I finally got around to getting another one. The one in this picture was a gift from a friend on AAPK who shall remain anonymous.

I need to get a picture with the two together.
Attachments
IMG_5153.JPG
IMG_5155.JPG
Rick T.

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Rick, that Cooper and Clad 722 is a right nice looking knife. I too have be one a 722 fan. Great knives.
Robert E. Lee
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks Colonel!
Rick T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Railsplitter wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:22 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:23 am Good group Rick. I'm a big fan of the 722 but do not have that particular edition.
Thanks Jerry. I like the pattern too. I already had this 722 and I finally got around to getting another one. The one in this picture was a gift from a friend on AAPK who shall remain anonymous.

I need to get a picture with the two together.
I had found a couple of those in clam paks at fire sale prices and sent one to my grandson when he was in Korea. He did not secure it and it was stolen so when he got back to the states, I sent the other one to him (yeah, I know. Good money after bad but he's my grandson and he really likes the knife.)

I have all three of the Walmart Slimline 721's colors plus all three of their Spitfire 722 cousins. I also have 722's in yellow, red and blue. That should be enough for now. Oh yeah, I also have one of the 726 Mini Spitfires in orange. Was going to acquire all three colors of those but they're too small to feel comfortable in my hand.

Puzzles me what makes the white 722's so blasted expensive. Too rich for my blood.
Attachments
Buck 726ORS Mini Spitfire - Open Mark.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”