Chisel grind great for wood

A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
hard.times.lures

Chisel grind great for wood

Post by hard.times.lures »

I just wanted to mention that the chisel grind found on the Victorinox floral knives make great wood carving knives. You can slice a very thin layer of wood with them and get precision cuts. This assumes you are right handed as these knives have the bevel set up for right handed use.

Sharpening them is easy--most of the time, I just use leather honing with white rouge. They get sharp===and I mean sharp! These knives can be found pretty cheap on the bay. (I am not selling them) and they really cut well.

Bryan
Doc B

Re: Chisel grind great for wood

Post by Doc B »

Interesting...just 2 weeks ago, I was going through some old, picked-over boxes, from my Grandmother's estate. I was told I could have anything, because everything was getting thrown away. I found two old pocket knives, from my grandfather (more on those, at a later time) and this one, separate in my grandmother's floral stuff. My mother and grandmother were parter/owners in a florist, in Euless, Texas, for many years. She kept a couple of boxes of floral equipment and continued to make arrangements, for various reasons, long after the closing of the florist. I haven't cleaned / sharpened it yet...but it looks like it will be a nice little knife. Thanks to your timely post...I now know that it actually is a floral knife, and did belong to my grandmother.
Attachments
IMG_1161.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”