whittling knife

A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
dean19711

whittling knife

Post by dean19711 »

just a picture of my first try at making a knife I made it from a piece of scrap pine and a old bimetal reciprocating saw blade I had lying around and hav to say works just as good as the ones I payed for
30052014014.jpg
Pablo

Re: whittling knife

Post by Pablo »

How easy does it sharpen? Does it hold an edge well? How does it perform... do your hands cramp up quickly while using it? In my opinion these are the most important factors in any woodcarving tool.
Be a radical... use common sense.
woodcarverhur

Post by woodcarverhur »

Where did you purchase this at?

I've been getting mine from this website: http://www.bestwoodcarvingtools.com/woo ... ner-guide/

They also have this post here about some knives to purhase: http://www.bestwoodcarvingtools.com/top ... ng-knives/
TexDanm

Post by TexDanm »

That looks awesome!! I've made crook knives out of saws-all blades over the years and they last real well. The shape of the handle is nice. It will let you get close to the blade for detail work. There is always a nice feeling for me when I use tools that I made to make things.
ELDJR

Post by ELDJR »

Just to draw a very important distinction..."Whittlers make Shavings...Carvers create objects". I myself am a Whittler so I own many whittling pocket knives all of which I use on East Tennessee Cedar sticks that came from an old cedar tree on our property that had to be cut down.... :D Elliott

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”