Post your projects for all to see.

A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Post your projects for all to see.

Post by djknife13 »

Here's a closer picture of the chain.____Dave
Attachments
whittlings 009.JPG
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Impressive carving, Dave. Something I couldn't do.
Joe
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

FRJ wrote:Impressive carving, Dave. Something I couldn't do.
You can, If you can make yourself have the patience and not try to go fast anyone can whittle. The big problem I had when I started and the biggest problem I find for new ppl to whittling is they go too fast and take too much wood off at one time. You have to go very slow and take your time.
I would start by getting a book on whittling and there is many out there that are very inexpensive and are a great place to start.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

djknife13 wrote:Here's a closer picture of the chain.____Dave
Very cool chain man, I love it. I hope you post more of your stuff for us too see.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”