Post your projects for all to see.

A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Post your projects for all to see.

Post by carvin don »

Yes, I carve the head and bust separately ...
IMG_0289.JPG

made a little more progress on 'ol whiskers ...
IMG_0285.jpg

You're right, Lynn's work is outstanding/top notch. I do not follow his blog, but view his work often over on WCI.
Don
IMBand

Post by IMBand »

Don, you are a true artisan and your work is absolutely incredible. Always enjoy looking at your pieces, Thank You!! ::tu:: ::tu::

IM
:)
AAPK #6581
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

Thank you for your encouraging words, Trevor ... you are too kind.
Don
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

IMBand wrote:Don, you are a true artisan and your work is absolutely incredible. Always enjoy looking at your pieces, Thank You!! ::tu:: ::tu::

IM
:)
Yes SR that is good good carving.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
MarkStar

Post by MarkStar »

Mugsy and Bugsy...

~Mark K~
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Nice job Mark.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

I have fiddled a little as of lately,but until I git this hand operated on i have had to leave us a man down.
The pair of pliers are all cut free but I still need to shape them, and I'm not sure what's in store for the cross.
Attachments
IMAG0331.JPG
sharpen your knife !!!
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

Very nice job Mark and knifetime. Those pliers are neat ... they say ol' Warther Mooney could whittle those in a matter of minutes.
Don
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Thanks Don,I think they are the hardest thing I have tried yet.You wouldn't think that, but they can be.
sharpen your knife !!!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Hello to all.
I git this thing off in 4 weeks and thin a brace,I hope I can whittle with the brace.Can't wait
Hear is one for you to do.I thought you all may like this and I love spoons for some reason.This set is 41 1/2 in long.I did not do this set but I,m going to try to replicate it win I git able to,it's one of my first projects on the list.
Attachments
IMAG0072.JPG
IMAG0066.JPG
IMAG0070.JPG
IMAG0069.JPG
IMAG0068.JPG
sharpen your knife !!!
Mr Rick

Post by Mr Rick »

So much talent showcased here. I must give it a try.
Rick

Always looking for custom knives made in Montana.

AAPK #9213.............and proud of it.
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Here's the head of a walking staff I did years ago. It used to have carved ivory fangs, but a brief encounter with a Copperhead down on the creek bank made short work of 'em. I'm gonna get him a new pair made one of these days, but for now, I just call him "Toothless". :D
Carved Walking Staff 1 001.jpg
WB
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Very cool WB,that is another thing that I like to do walking sticks.That is a neat one.
sharpen your knife !!!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Hear is another idea for a project that comes from my fascination with spoons.
They looks to be done very cheaply and not even close to the quality of the one's I posted early.But they are made of some nice walnut it looks like to me. They can be replicated much easier than the much larger set I had posted and done in some nice hardwood. They are about 22 in long by 4 1/2 in at its widest part.

Keep posting gents, I'm sure we all look forward to seeing what you you are working on.
Attachments
IMAG00833.JPG
IMAG00877.JPG
IMAG00866.JPG
Just for you to compare the difference in quality.
Just for you to compare the difference in quality.
sharpen your knife !!!
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Heres a little scene I made out of a 2x4 way back when I got out of the military and was looking for a job and had some time to kill. The chain I did while traveling in the military. I think I traced the some of the animals from my kids coloring book. That was about 40 years ago and was the last time I remember having any spare time.___Dave
Attachments
whittlings 005.JPG
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Here's a closer picture of the chain.____Dave
Attachments
whittlings 009.JPG
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Impressive carving, Dave. Something I couldn't do.
Joe
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

FRJ wrote:Impressive carving, Dave. Something I couldn't do.
You can, If you can make yourself have the patience and not try to go fast anyone can whittle. The big problem I had when I started and the biggest problem I find for new ppl to whittling is they go too fast and take too much wood off at one time. You have to go very slow and take your time.
I would start by getting a book on whittling and there is many out there that are very inexpensive and are a great place to start.
sharpen your knife !!!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

djknife13 wrote:Here's a closer picture of the chain.____Dave
Very cool chain man, I love it. I hope you post more of your stuff for us too see.
sharpen your knife !!!

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”