Tom Wolfe on YouTube

A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Tom Wolfe on YouTube

Post by carvin don »

Here is a link to a little Interview/visit with, in my opinion, a genius of a woodcarver, Tom Wolfe. To see his carvings in person is somethin' special and his way of teaching and thinking is quite unique. Completely self taught from around the age of 10, he has carved just about anything you can think of. The fella' doin' the interview is Allen Goodman, another extraordinary carver! Hope 'ya'll enjoy this lil' video and can visit 'ol Tom up on Grandfather Mountain (in Northwest North Carolina) one day ::tu::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTZvd4gM ... re=channel
Don
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Tom Wolfe on YouTube

Post by philco »

Hey Don,
I watched the video. That guy is really good, but he ain't got a thing on ole Carvin' Don IMO. ::tu::

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Tom Wolfe on YouTube

Post by carvin don »

Thanks for your kind gesture, Phil. But, this man has more carving talent in his little pinky than I could ever hope to have. You have to understand, the carvings you saw in his shop in that video are only things he has carved in the past year or two. And 'ol Tom is 72 years old and had quadruple bypass surgery this past year, so he has slowed down a bit. You should see some of the stuff he has carved in the past 60 years! He is quite prolific and much underated, to watch him carve and see how he approaches carving and ideas for carving is simply unique and genuine. I believe he has written around 50 books on woodcarving to date. ::tu:: ::tu::

Your kind thoughts are much appreciated and help encourage me to strive to keep at it though ::tu:: ::tu::
Don

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”