Any Info on 2 Bayonets, Please

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Any Info on 2 Bayonets, Please

Post by herbva »

I bought a group of bayonets a while back and am having trouble researching 2 of them them. I have seen one on the bay that looks just like the first one, and the seller indicated in the auction that it was made in Spain, but I have no idea how reliable that is. I can find no markings on the second one, whatsoever, but it does look familiar to me. Any ideas or thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
DSCN9881.JPG
DSCN9882.JPG
DSCN9883.JPG
DSCN9884.JPG
DSCN9886.JPG
DSCN9887.JPG
DSCN9888.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
zzyzzogeton

Re: Any Info on 2 Bayonets, Please

Post by zzyzzogeton »

The first bayonet is definitely Spanish - the M1964 CETME Model C, for use with the CETME 7.62mm NATO caliber selective-fire rifle, and also on the FR7 and FR8 training rifles.

The second bayonet looks like an M5. If it was US made, there would be manufacturer and model info stamped into the guard.

If there is nothing stamped into the guard, this indicates it is an overseas manufactured clone, although even most clones are marked.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Any Info on 2 Bayonets, Please

Post by herbva »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:09 am The first bayonet is definitely Spanish - the M1964 CETME Model C, for use with the CETME 7.62mm NATO caliber selective-fire rifle, and also on the FR7 and FR8 training rifles.

The second bayonet looks like an M5. If it was US made, there would be manufacturer and model info stamped into the guard.

If there is nothing stamped into the guard, this indicates it is an overseas manufactured clone, although even most clones are marked.
Thanks ZZ, exactly the information I needed! ::tu::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”